Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes you download that link to the flash drive in your computer just make sure the flash drive format is Fat32. Once it downloads to the flash drive follow their instructions to install.
I just left for work and it started right up this morning no issue and stayed connected the whole 15 minutes I was in the car lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes you download that link to the flash drive in your computer just make sure the flash drive format is Fat32. Once it downloads to the flash drive follow their instructions to install.
I just left for work and it started right up this morning no issue and stayed connected the whole 15 minutes I was in the car lol.
I have tried this morning but no success. It seems I need a browser to use this. Is this correct? Please help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tried the firmware with my adapter and no luck so far. Will mess with a lil more later this week. Even when plugged into the correct port of the Pilot, nothing happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tried the firmware with my adapter and no luck so far. Will mess with a lil more later this week. Even when plugged into the correct port of the Pilot, nothing happens.
I deleted the Bluetooth device from my phone and my phone from the cars stored Bluetooth then unplugged and plugged back in and it worked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I deleted the Bluetooth device from my phone and my phone from the cars stored Bluetooth then unplugged and plugged back in and it worked.
Weird just tried this and still no luck. The cplay2air has a red led that is lit. Nothing happens on the screen of the factory system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to report this update process has not worked for me either on my 2020 Passport EXL that uses the same infotainment system as the Pilot. I followed the instructions and handy video and successfully updated the firmware in both adapters I have and once complete both briefly try to connect to the Passport system but then stay red. Both work in my wife's 2017 CRV perfectly, so I know the adapters are working fine - not bricked. I also tried upgrading the firmware online as a previous poster mentioned (the latest download firmware is 10.28) and still no connection on the Passport. I'm really hoping to get this to work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine to work. I had to make sure it’s not connected any WiFi network.
But I’m noticing Carplay connection dropping often and almost unreliable. I’m unclear what causes it to disconnect

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got mine to work. I had to make sure it’s not connected any WiFi network.
But I’m noticing Carplay connection dropping often and almost unreliable. I’m unclear what causes it to disconnect
You mean not connected to WiFi when you turn the car on? Mine requires WiFi to be on in order to use it. It connects to a WiFi network labeled HONDA-06 and then connects to the adapters bluetooth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry, you are correct. I meant to say make sure the phone is not connected to existing WiFi network before trying. I had that problem since I was trying from my garage and my phone was connected to home WiFi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Disconnecting Wifi on the phone didn't work for me in my Passport and isn't a necessary step in the CR-V. I think I'll just wait to see if there's another firmware update soon. Amazon has just extended their return window for my area to Jan.31 and this order was included, so I'm covered for a while.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased a CarlinKit 2.0 (again). Tried to set it up the way it came but nothing would happen. I updated it to the firmware from 10/28 and nothing. To 11/10‘s and still nothing. It’s going back again, this time for good. I personally don’t have time to deal with this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok.. just to update as I have been messaging Cplay2air on their FB for the last couple of weeks. What started off as waiting days for responses has now changed and I get responses almost instantly. What they had me do and has worked the last 7 times I have used the vehicle (yes I keep count lol).

1. Start with a fresh slate--remove car play enabled devices from your phone and car. Disconnect any wifi currently connected to your phone as well. I also unpaired my apple watch as I was instructed just until I setup the device.
2. Once all the above have been done and you have no stored vehicle information on your phone or car or in the adapter proceed with the setup.
3. Plug the device into the car and wait about 5 seconds for the initial prompt to come up asking if you want to enable this device to run car play. Once that is complete you have a 99% chance the adapter will show "you must be connected by usb". So unplug the adapter, plug it back in (may take 2-3 times initially) to finally get the screen to show up where you can connect the adapter. It's very important that you have gone into settings in your car screen and clicked on "connections" and under Apple Car Play you have removed any devices you had previously granted access to
4. Go ahead and sync the adapter with your phone so the apple car play starts. As soon as it does you will need to get your phone--open safari (not chrome) and go to 192.168.50.2
5. Ensure your adapter is updated to the latest firmware.
6. Click the bottom button on your phone screen webpage which is the "settings" button for the adapter. (see attached photo--it's the little white circle next to "check for updates")
7. Set the "Sync" mode to Compatible. This will allow it to use the update for vehicles having boot issues and was put there specifically for Honda's running our version of android.
8. Leave Sound Quality and Media Display alone as those are changes for other vehicle manufacturers that had distorted sound issues.
9. Once you click "compatible" and click the X in the top right to close the box you will need to reboot your car. I had to unplug it and plug it back in once I restarted the car and haven't had any issues since.
10. They did warn me that if it continued they would swap my device for free, but this fix actually has worked so far finally.

(Here is the message that they sent me explaining the settings options for those who want to read it):
The firmware version you're currently on comes with an option for Settings as well where you can configure the adapter:

-Synchronous mode (normal, compatible):
Default : Normal mode
Normal mode: Resolve instrument panel display problems.
Compatible mode: Resolves the issue of certain vehicles not connecting to the dongle.

-Media Sound (CD, DVD):
Default DVD
DVD : better sound quality.
CD: solves the problem that certain cars have static/playback issues

-Media Delay (300 to 2000 milliseconds):
Default 1000,
The greater the delay, audio is less likely to stutter. The lower the delay, music and album art/images will be more synchronised.

This delay setting is associated with the network environment in the vehicle can be adjusted according to the actual circumstances. Some of our customers has this set to 500 and gradually build from there.

Hope this works for anyone who has the cplay2air device.

Sorry for any jumbled words or if I confused anyone--wanted to get some feedback out there as it seems they are trying to fix the device and get it to work properly so I was willing to work with them otherwise there isn't really any other option out there other than swapping your radio out.

If anyone needs to reach them--fb message seems to work a lot better than e-mailing. They tend to respond between1pm-3pm and 9pm-11pm.

1.jpg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts