Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Pilot, and recently a bunch of wires have been dangling below the dashboard right near the parking brake pedal. The wires have started to get kicked and pushed around by simply operating the pedal in normal fashion, and now a couple of the wires have broken loose.

I find it rather shocking and appalling that these wires would be exposed in a way that leaves them vulnerable to getting kicked so easily. There is also a fuse panel with some loose wires on top of it, also right there to the left of the parking brake area, which also seems pretty dangerously exposed.

Has anyone else encountered issues with these exposed wires? Is it possible may mechanic just left a mess and did not tie the wires back up and out of the way, after servicing my Pilot?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Is it possible my mechanic just left a mess and did not tie the wires back up and out of the way, after servicing my Pilot?
Yes. That sort of thing doesn't usually happen on its own on these Pilots.

And you should get those wires and that fusebox reconnected properly right away because electrical problems are a real can of worms to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a 2007 Pilot, and recently a bunch of wires have been dangling below the dashboard right near the parking brake pedal. The wires have started to get kicked and pushed around by simply operating the pedal in normal fashion, and now a couple of the wires have broken loose.

I find it rather shocking and appalling that these wires would be exposed in a way that leaves them vulnerable to getting kicked so easily. There is also a fuse panel with some loose wires on top of it, also right there to the left of the parking brake area, which also seems pretty dangerously exposed.

Has anyone else encountered issues with these exposed wires? Is it possible may mechanic just left a mess and did not tie the wires back up and out of the way, after servicing my Pilot?
Not to be a jerk, but how many times were you gonna kick these wires before wire tying them up out of the way? I mean it would take me one time hitting these wires to tie them up. You let it go until they're coming loose. It's kinda on you. I suggest getting them tied up right away.

·
Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
If you don't have wire ties, go to the store, get some.
Chances are good someone messed around with the wire harness and didn't secure it properly afterwards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This car has been driven by my teenage kids the past year or two, so I wasn't the one kicking the wires. But what a lousy design to have those wires exposed and not protected by a simple plastic cover panel! I agree it's on me, but also, shame on Honda for building it this way.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Agreed. Honda negligently designed and implemented many parts of this vehicle. Do not get me started about the rusting/bursting brake lines for example.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Are you sure it’s not the wire harnesses from that POS Karr alarm system the dealer installs? What you described is the exact same [email protected]/“ that I encountered on my wife’s 2005 Pilot and my 2014 Tacoma. I ended up carefully removing that garbage. Likely they t-tapped the wires. Just remove the spade connectors from the t-taps but leave the t-taps connected to the factory harness. You will do more harm than good trying to remove t-taps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts