Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with my wipers turning on randomly for a few years now, and have been able to live with it, but now its driving me nuts. I have a 2004 EX-L with 75K, and the wipers go on randomly and can't be shut off with the controls (turning on and then off), unless I shut the ignition off. Then there are periods where I don't have this problem and wipers work fine. I don't believe it is weather related...in the winter, when I have the heat on, or in the summer if I have the AC on, and am idling, and when the motor "shifts down", may be enough to trigger the wipers on. More recently, I have had the Pilot on cruise control and then shut off automatically when the wipers decide to kick on. Sometimes it triggers the rear ones alone or in unison. Sometimes it moves reeeeal slow, but when it deiced to stop, it does two fast ones just before. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING online about this related to Honda's let alone Pilots, and the dealer, of course, haven't been able to replicate this when I visit. They just look at me funny. Anyone have any suggestions/solutions what this could be? I have been told it is the wiper motor, but that seems to easy and seems like a process to get that replaced. (The dealer wants your VIN, when they order the part.) Any help is appreciated....

·
Registered
415 Posts
It could also be shorts in the wiring somewhere in the controls area, or hopefully just a defective controls/switches. I can imagine randomness with that problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a 2004 Honda pilot that has a similar problem. After the wiper starts, it can only stops if I turn the key to the off position. I saw a feedback sometime ago that suggested that the problem was on the gear box that is attached to the wiper motor. I am searching for the post because it has a link to get the part. The repair is straightforward if you can find the part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts