Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wiper Blads

I was wondering how often you change windshield wiper blades. I'm noticing significant degredation with my wiping ability after only 5 months. With the noreaster scheduled to his NYC this weekend I'm thinking about changing blades today.

Does anyone know the size of the Pilot's wiper blades?

Evergreen

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Wiper Blads

Evergreen said:
I was wondering how often you change windshield wiper blades. I'm noticing significant degredation with my wiping ability after only 5 months. With the noreaster scheduled to his NYC this weekend I'm thinking about changing blades today.

Does anyone know the size of the Pilot's wiper blades?

Evergreen
I would hold off till spring...

But, if you wanna switch, go with the Bosch MicroBlade...it's supposed to be a nice blade.

Our Pilot is about 5 months old as well and the blades actually work pretty well. I use them sparingly, however.

·
Registered
262 Posts
AFAIK, it is a good idea to switch blades
twice a year -- spring and fall if you live
in 4 seasons type of climate: summer kills
the blades due to the heat. Winter kills the
blades due to scraping over the frost/snow.
Actually they recommend to use special "winter"
blades for the winter since no regular blades
can really withstand the snow. But any good blades
will last you trough half a year.
If you leave in mild climate you might be able
to go a full year on one set.
I second Bosch recommendation.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would also reccommend you change them twice a year. The refills cost nothing for the assurance of good vision. Equals less potential for an accident. :2:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
If your blades aren't cleaning the windshield properly, try cleaning them before you replace them. Grab a paper towel, spray some glass cleaner on it, and wipe the edge of the blade. You'll be amazed at the amount of dirt you'll see. Don't forget to clean the area of the windshield where the wipers park as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your blades aren't cleaning the windshield properly, try cleaning them before you replace them. Grab a paper towel, spray some glass cleaner on it, and wipe the edge of the blade. You'll be amazed at the amount of dirt you'll see. Don't forget to clean the area of the windshield where the wipers park as well.
Thanks Tim, I'll give that a try.

Evergreen

·
Registered
797 Posts
It has been a year with the current wiper blades and been thinking about replacing them. Surprised they have lasted this long without issue. Anyone know the sizes for Left, Right and Rear blades? Looks like a lot of on-line sites are only up to 2002 cars. Ownerlink is down. Next step is to look in the book or use a tape measure.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
autobahn said:
It has been a year with the current wiper blades and been thinking about replacing them. Surprised they have lasted this long without issue. Anyone know the sizes for Left, Right and Rear blades? Looks like a lot of on-line sites are only up to 2002 cars. Ownerlink is down. Next step is to look in the book or use a tape measure.
The Driver's side blade is 24", while the passenger's side blade is 21". As far as the back glass, you will most likely have to get this refill from the dealer. I replaced mine a while back with OEM refills, and you will have to work on replacing the rear one a little harder than the front ones. The rear refill has to be entered on one side of the mount and adjusted to fit snug on the other side.

Here's a useful link regarding blade sizes.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do you guys recommend using refills or do you recommend changing the entire blade itself?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
MG Pilot said:
Do you guys recommend using refills or do you recommend changing the entire blade itself?
Get the inserts, unless the blade frame is damaged in some way.

I had the dealer replace the fronts with inserts at the 15k service, and last week I replaced the rear with an insert. Works great, but the rear is a bugger to install because there's no open end to slide the insert out or in. While you can probably get it cheaper from Tim, I paid $6.29 for the rear insert, but the dealer wanted $24 for the entire blade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't believe the timing on this thread. I just replaced mine yesterday. ANCO Aerovantage 24" & 21". They do an excellent job and just popped in place. I, too, had trouble regarding the rear blade. I decided to buy the NR-14 (narrow 14" refill) ANCO blades, and simply cut the plastic groove thingY (nice, huh) that is used instead of the metal devices on the OEM. It was very quick and easy to do and was $5.99 for two blades.

I hope this is helpful for others. I for one, like the ANCO blades.

Ted

·
Registered
797 Posts
Perfect timing. So 14" in the rear?

Anyone tried those PIAA blades on TireRack.com? Still searching for some replacements.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts