Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

With much anticipation and excitement, some really crappy winter weather is hitting the the Denver metro area, bringing bitter cold air, lots of snow and very icy conditions.

Why am I excited about this? I've been waiting to see how my PILOT handles in the slick conditions and to see how the VTM-4 works.

I can tell you, so far, I am extremely impressed with how my PILOT is handling the nasty conditions. I've been seeing Trailblazers, Envoys, Grand Cherokees and other SUVs and trucks that have been sliding all over the place. In the same areas where other vehicles have been slip-sliding away, my PILOT cruised thru it without even so much as a hint of slippage.

If the VTM-4 is working, and I have no reason to suspect otherwise, it's amazing how it engages without any trace of it doing so - I'm so impressed.

For those of you who live in areas where winter can get nasty - you're going to really enjoy how well the PILOT handles it.

My only concern is going to be the Goodyear Integrity tires. I'm curious to see how they handle deep snow.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used to live in Denver and know how the snow can be. I now live in Park City Utah and I am wondering if the Goodyears will be ok for deep snow too. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm hoping to make it up my snowy driveway. I clear it, but there are usually enough patches of ice to keep me from getting up it with front wheel drive. I'm hoping VTM-4 gives me a better chance to get power to a gripping wheel.

Chris

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hoping

I'm hoping for all of you to tell me how wonderful Pilots drive in the snow but suspect Western PA is going to let me find out for myself !

Will be extremely interested in feedback on Integrity's versus the CT's that seem to be a very popular alternative.

·
Registered
120 Posts
snow??????????

Down here in Lexinton, we mostly just get rain. Oh well, maybe I can swing a trip up to see the relatives in Vermont.

·
Registered
263 Posts
PILOTinginCO said:
Hi Everyone,

I've been seeing Trailblazers, Envoys, Grand Cherokees and other SUVs and trucks that have been sliding all over the place.

Keep in mind that many of these vehicles are sold with 2WD.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Re: Re: Winter PILOTing

hop23 said:

Keep in mind that many of these vehicles are sold with 2WD.
And don't forget that some drivers simply have a "mash the pedal on the right" mentality that doesn't help the situation.

Chris

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If a person lives in snow country and buys an SUV that is 2WD - they are fools!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't wait to get my Pilot. Another week or so.

We're supposed to get snow measured in feet in the towns south of Buffalo this weekend. It sure will be nice to try out the Pilot in bad conditions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great pic PILOTinginCO. Now I can't wait to drive my Pilot up to the mountains for some winter sports. Probably head up to Mammoth Mountain for Thanksgiving.

Happy winter Piloting to all!

-Pj

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Look At My PILOT

PILOTinginCO said:
Here's my Sagebrush Pearl-EX in the snow in the Denver, Colorado area!!!
WOW! I cant wait for some great lake effect! We have the priviledge of living midway between Lake Huron and Lake Erie and usually get 2-3 feet at a time. BRING IT ON!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
WOW ... :eek:

I miss snow ...

PrG

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
I usually look forward to the first couple of snows each year. It's the rest of them I could do without. We don't get that much snow in the Cincinnati area, just enough to be annoying at times.

Chris

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: Look At My PILOT

PILOTinginCO said:
Here's my Sagebrush Pearl-EX in the snow in the Denver, Colorado area!!!
Ok...So are you going to tell us how the PIlot handled in these adverse elements? Do you have snow's on, CTs...etc

Thanks
Joe

PS I miss snow too! Wish we had a 1 month winter, though. We've already gotten, some snow and sleet here in Northern New Jersey. October for us is EARLY, so it may be a prelude of things to come!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I Want Snow!

I Want Snow!
I Want Snow!
I Want Snow!
I Want Snow!

Got my CR-V last Dec, and My Pilot this July, and gosh darn it, I Want Snow!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts