Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
With pickup trucks people some people use sandbags placed over the rear axle to increase traction.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I find the ass end of my pilot slides when making turns on snowy roads. What are you using to add weight in the back?
What are you running for tires ? Never experienced that issue even on the back roads during heavy snow storms.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
AWD or 2WD? Adding weight over non-driving wheels will usually cause them to slide more. Meanwhile, the "answer" is to slow down some.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yokohama AT G015 Tires on mine. Zero issues in snow.
Do you keep yours all year around on ? or just for the winter I purchased a set last January and they are due now almost for a replacement.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I keep them on year round. I just installed my second set a few weeks ago. I don’t know what it is but my Pilot literally eats tires. I only got 26k miles out of these but I like them so much I bought another set. Probably the best all around tire I’ve ever purchased for a SUV. Wish the wear was better but peace of mind has a price.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I keep them on year round. I just installed my second set a few weeks ago. I don’t know what it is but my Pilot literally eats tires. I only got 26k miles out of these but I like them so much I bought another set. Probably the best all around tire I’ve ever purchased for a SUV. Wish the wear was better but peace of mind has a price.
Mine too! ..I also love them just ordered a second set off Tire rack

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If the X-ice are two years new or less, look at tire pressure to make sure it's not too high. After that, plan on adjusting expectations some. Without knowing where you live and the snow you drive in, my "slow down" suggestion still applies. At the beginning of each snow season here (started today, coincidentally) there's an expectations adjustment period for most drivers. Fair-weather drivers with AWD fly around until they slide and hits something, then wonder why their AWD didn't save them. You've obviously thought this through a bit, since you have good winter tires installed. Still, you will want to adhjust speed and expectations since there's still snow between tires and pavement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts