Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think an overly helpful guy at the drive-in movie who provided a jump start broke the nozzle when he was trying to find where to put the hood prop rod. Next day I found the driver's side just had a weak trickle of washer fluid and nothing coming out of the passenger side. Popped the hood, and see the hose is dangling, the hose barb is snapped off the passenger side, and the engine cover is wet with washer fluid.

Found a replacement on Amazon, and it looks like I just pop the nozzle out from under the hood. There's a plastic ring around the hose, I'm thinking if I slide that back I can fish out the remnants and attach the hose to the new nozzle. Any tips?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had a similar thing happen. Popped the hood to add some washer fluid and a strong gust of wind caught the prop rod and knocked it into that hose barb. Luckily, I was in a Wally World parking lot so I ran inside, bought some super glue & black RTV and was able to patch the barb back together right there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it replaced. When I was fishing the remnants out of the hose coupling, the plastic just crumbled, so it must get fragile being exposed to heat from the engine and cold from winter. FYI, since I had to learn this, there is a tiny O-ring between the hose barb and the fitting. As I was fishing the remnants of the hose barb out, I found it. As near as I can tell, it goes on the tapered tip of the hose barb, not around it. I got it cockeyed the first time, and it leaked. Second time around it worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.