Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you already know the Pilot is well known to be a rock-magnet when it comes to the windshield. I have found a 5 year windshield protection plan available for only $295. Unlimited claims-they will repair or replace and will come to your home or place of employment. If anyone is interested call Bill Veasey at 281-955-6666.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds fishy......

Full glass coverage added to my vehicle's insurance (Liberty Mutual) plan runs about $5 a year. They also send the glass repair company to wherever I may be at the time........or I have the option to take the glass to a Honda dealer.

Don't insurance companys everywhere do this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that may be true but as many problems that Texas is having with insurance rates, I try and keep my claims to a minimum.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
idloveaguinness said:
Sounds fishy......

Full glass coverage added to my vehicle's insurance (Liberty Mutual) plan runs about $5 a year. They also send the glass repair company to wherever I may be at the time........or I have the option to take the glass to a Honda dealer.

Don't insurance companys everywhere do this?
is'nt it part of the comprehensive insurance..??:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
jschramme said:
As many of you already know the Pilot is well known to be a rock-magnet when it comes to the windshield. I have found a 5 year windshield protection plan available for only $295. Unlimited claims-they will repair or replace and will come to your home or place of employment. If anyone is interested call Bill Veasey at 281-955-6666.
"interesting" first post...:headshak:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my insurance company will pay for chips but if they have to replace the windshield my deductable is $500. Texas is going through a major problem as far as insurance companies are concered. Insurance companies such as Farmers have considered leaving the market because of the amount of losses since the recent floodings.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ramirami - possibly - I don't even know, but what I do know is that it's peanuts...or perhaps included as you say.

jschramme - my premiums do not increase as a result of filing a glass claim. I have filed 4 times in the past 15 years. I would call your insurance company to see if they offer this coverage and ask how they handle these claims and if filing one will increase your premiums.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
idloveaguinness said:
ramirami - possibly - I don't even know, but what I do know is that it's peanuts...or perhaps included as you say.

ya I agree $5 a year is nothing (guess I shold call mine too and find out ...I have lib. mutual too):D

·
Registered
461 Posts
It is covered as part of my comprehensive policy. You might have to pay a fee extra if you don't have comp., just liability or collision. Colliision deductibles vary, but I thought the $100 deductible for comprehensive was pretty standard. I can't imagine having to replace a windshield 3 times in 5 years to break even with the coverage I already have.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have free glass replacement in my coverage and coincidentally had the widshield replaced a couple of weeks ago. (rock on the highway)
They had no problem using a Honda windshield. Good as new.

·
Registered
449 Posts
$50 deductible

My glass deductible is $50 per occurance a separate deductible from the comprehensive deductible. It is considered part of the comprehensive coverage, but it has a different deductible. So at $50 a crack, I would have to replace my windshield 6 times in five years. I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yep...part of my comprehensive and no deductible. I had to use them once a few years back. Called State Farm and put the claim in, they made the appointment with the company who came out to my house. Charged State Farm like $1500.00

Man was I glad I had them to cover the cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts