Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pilot which now has 12,600 miles has been trouble free up until now. For some reason, only my driver-side wiper works. The passenger side won't move. Any one have a similar problem. I hate to have to take it to the dealer and be without it for a day or two.:(

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I assume the Pilot, like most cars, has a single wiper motor, so it's probably the linkage to the passenger side. It shouldn't be more than an hour or two to fix unless they have to order parts. If so, have them diagnose it, order the parts, and bring it back. It may just need the linkage tightened.

I notice a number of people on this site are reluctant to bring their cars back to the dealer for repairs and I don't understand it. It's in warranty. Take advantage of it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I do remember other members posting the same problem. I can't find the thread right now, but I think there was a clip that needed to be replaced and then it worked fine again.

·
Registered
461 Posts
krygny: You might have been talking about me being reluctant to go to the dealer. I'm the first one to demand that things broken be fixed.....but it is a three hour trip, at minimum, for me to go to a dealer, so sometimes I just whine. Small town life......not a car dealer in sight.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Do they provide loaner? Do you have to have your car serviced for how many hours to get a loaner? My friend told me Acura won't provid loaner if less than 4 hours. He Pissed when he turn in his MDX and called me to picked him up.

What loaner do you get? A Civic?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yeah, I though someone would find it. Thanks.:cool:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
my3kids said:
krygny: You might have been talking about me being reluctant to go to the dealer. I'm the first one to demand that things broken be fixed.....but it is a three hour trip, at minimum, for me to go to a dealer, so sometimes I just whine. Small town life......not a car dealer in sight.
Maybe, I don't remember. I just get the sense that some people would rather fix things themselves (even when it's clear from their posts that they're mouth breathers who shouldn't attempt anything) because they don't trust the flakes in their local service dept. or just for convenience. So they look for answers here on the board for things that are covered under warranty. You are clearly an exception. Three hours from the nearest dealer is quite an inconvenience. Here on Long Island, I'm probably within three hours of at least a couple dozen Honda dealers.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
kemosabe said:
No problem, tim.s! The Lone Ranger saves the day again, and now, rides off into the sunset... :D
Are you sure you're not going to ride into that rock? :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts