Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed in Stop and Go traffic that the intermittent wipers activate when you press and release the brake. This caught my attention, so I pressed the brake several times and the wipers swept each time I pressed the brakes. Is this a feature or problem ?? If this is not a feature, to me this means that pressing the brake is causing a short when the intermittent wipers are cycling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
avillanu,

It's a Honda feature - on the Pilot it only happens when you're stopped or going very slow. It's meant to clear the windshield when you start moving from a stop sign or red light. The service manual shows the brake light circuit and the vehicle speed circuit tied into the windshield wiper controller.

My 2000 Accord had the same feature but it worked at any speed. I almost took it back to the dealer as a problem!

MarkB

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
and they are speed sensitive....

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
This is not a useful feature. I have rainX on, so when at highway speed, I don't need wiper at all. When driving at street, I just need intermitent wipes.
Well, anyway, summer is here. Probably won't see rain for another 6 months.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is not a useful feature.
I agree...not that it's a big deal, but if theoretically your intermittent speed is otherwise at the "right" intervals, then why do you need an extra swipe anyway?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts