Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my wife’s 2020 EX-L and it needs tinted ASAP. Doing 20% or 25% on the fronts. We aren’t sure about a visor/strip on the windshield or not (have one in my truck but never seen a Pilot with one). I haven’t seen any pics of any on this forum. Anyone have one and have good interior and exterior pics?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,369 Posts
If you speak to the dealer and I believe it is in the owners manual the rear view mirror area has the Honda Sensing Camera. and it is not an area to mess with these days. It's best to just leave it alone.

Otherwise you need to do or have done a custom job that leaves the camera view area uncovered. Also you need to know the laws in your state. Window Tinting Laws in All 50 States | instamotor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’m aware of the camera and it’s location, and I would have it done at a shop. Was just curious how it looks. I live in PA and any tint on the fronts is illegal. Been running 20% tint on the fronts and strip on my shield in my trucks forever and half the cars have tint cause the cops really don’t care

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,369 Posts
If it's illegal in your state you may have trouble finding a shop to do it. Most business like to stay on the good side of the laws. It may be a DIY thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plenty of legitimate tint businesses around in PA, at least 5 within 20 min of my house. Tint isn’t an inspection item here, they can’t fail you for it. Only people that can enforce tint laws are police.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check my gallery. 20% all around even on already tinted factory rears with front strip too.
Looks good. On my truck I have 20% all around even over factory tint, and a 5% strip. The wife said she doesn’t want the rears to be darkened up at all, just wants the fronts done in 20 or 25%, on the fence about a strip.
Check my gallery. 20% all around even on already tinted factory rears with front strip too.
Looks good. On my truck I have 20% all around even over factory tint, and a 5% strip. The wife said she doesn’t want the rears to be darkened up at all, just wants the fronts done in 20 or 25%. On the fence about the strip, but I noticed yesterday a lot of sun in my lap while on the interstate. Thank you for the pics

·
Registered
244 Posts
I haven't done the 5% strip yet on the Pilot but will one day. I did a "temporary" (16 months) dot matrix for now. It was to see how far down windshield the wife was OK with it. It's not as good as the 5% as the sun peeks through the dots but it is much better the not having it. Her Sequoia had the 5% and my Sonata has it, basically eliminates the need for the visors 99% of the time.

CR Laurance dot matrix this is static cling and you can cut to your size to try it. I cut it for side windows in Sonata and Sequoia. Used when kids were small for trips to watch TV and if sun was bothering them. Covered whole window not just a suction cup stick up section. If it doesn't stick any more, soap/water/dry and back to new. I tucked it into the window trim and was able to open/close the back windows.

I was hoping to bring to bottom of factory dots by mirror but was too low or her. I took it off one day and she said reinstall ASAP because of glare.

One thing I did on all of mine as I liked the look better. I had the shop follow factory window shape/strip contour so it doesn't dip on the sides. here is inside and outside from Pilot and Sonata, sorry for dirt/pollen.

I can email better pictures if you PM me your email or cell# for text. It was repurposed from her old Sequoia so the drivers side is bit shy on width but goes into factory dots.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts