Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in cold climates had any experience with snow and ice covers? I've read a lot of reviews. People complain that magnets scratch. Some covers have mirror straps that rip out. So I'm trusting other Pilot owners! Looking for something that reasonably covers, and tucks inside the doors. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried a cover but threw it out. With freezing rain, it can freeze to the windshield and so you have to put your windshield on defrost for over 15 minutes to get it off and then still end up scraping. It is far faster and "more convenient" to scrape ice off the windshield, even when it's thick, IMHO.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My wife used to use de-icer spray. Basically you let your windshield freeze over night. Spray that in the morning and it instantly melts the ice. I have used it once or twice and works better than any windshield cover.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I use the windshield covers on multiple cars with no issue. Elastic straps around mirrors and a tab that closes in drivers door. Haven't had any major issues and nice to clear snow quick when I need to run in middle of night (volunteer fire/EMS).

Another guy at fire house cut a large 55gal black plastic garbage bag and tucks it in both doors. Works well also, not best looking but cheap and easy to replace if it gets destroyed.

Mine did pull off from the mirror once and flopped around in heavy nor'easter. I didn't notice any damage, but it could with the harder sides. I'd prefer one wide enough that tucks into both side doors.

Aquapel/rain-x help a lot with sticking ice also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts