Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum. Had a 2017 Pilot EX-L windshield replaced at safelite and there is a 1/2” gap at the bottom.

Is this similar to how it comes new or OEM?

Has any one gone to the dealer to get a OEM replacement?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I got mine replaced at Speedy Autoglass back in 2017 if I remember correctly, not at a dealer. Not sure what you mean by 1/2" gap at bottom. If you can provide more details I may go and have a look. But then again, mine is not the original even though OEM windshield was used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will try to get a photo of it. It’s a small gap between the bottom of the windshield and the plastic frame.

Will stop by dealer and let you know what they say.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just looked, and there is practically no gap at all. The windshield sits right on top of the trim, or should I say the plastic trim touches the bottom of the windshield, pretty much across the whole bottom egde.

In your case, it maybe that the trim piece was loosely atached, and may just need to push it up a bit. Cosmetics only I hope, you will be fine as long as no leak. No harm to check with your installer if convenient.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer said it is fine and only cosmetic. In the future will definitely be using only Honda OEM glass if available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: will be contacting Honda for OEM glass. The safelite glass is Vitro brand and it is definitely wavy and not as good.

Anyone have any luck with this brand or getting Honda glass?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had my windshield replaced by Safelite and I chose Honda OEM glass. Everything looks fine but I notice the rear view mirrors seems to vibrate a little more meaning when you look at it when driving, you can see the cars behind a little shaky. If I reach out and grab it then the image become more stable. Not sure what's going on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will let you know if we have same issue. Does it have the Honda logo on it? What manufacture is listed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: The Honda Windshield is made by Pilkington and is much clearer than the one they originally used (Safelite).

There is no gap at the bottom like their version had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts