Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield cracked 7/26/2019. Put in claim to insurance within hours. It has been 8 weeks, no windshield. Acoustic windshield still on back order from Honda.

Has anyone else had issues with getting parts for your Pilot?

JB

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was in a similar situation. Just had windshield replaced in 17 EX-L last month. Here is my advice to you - ask the dealer, not the glass company to submit a COB (Critical Back Order) request. AND FOLLOW UP ON IT.

I went through the local glass company that my local Honda dealer subs windshield work to. I dealt mostly with the glass company except when they told me the windshield was on a backorder and they couldn't give me an ETA. They could have gotten an aftermarket but I didn't want aftermarket. I then spoke to a very high volume parts dealer and learned of the CBO process. That dealer was easily able to find out that there were about 70 of the windshields that I needed in Honda's inventory, while I was on the phone with him. With that info, I made contact with my local dealer where the glass company was getting the glass from and had them submit a CBO. It was initially denied for unknown reasons. I had to press them for a reason and that is when the dealer came back and said they'll have one in a few days. And in appeared in like 2 or 3 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in a similar situation. Just had windshield replaced in 17 EX-L last month. Here is my advice to you - ask the dealer, not the glass company to submit a COB (Critical Back Order) request. AND FOLLOW UP ON IT.

I went through the local glass company that my local Honda dealer subs windshield work to. I dealt mostly with the glass company except when they told me the windshield was on a backorder and they couldn't give me an ETA. They could have gotten an aftermarket but I didn't want aftermarket. I then spoke to a very high volume parts dealer and learned of the CBO process. That dealer was easily able to find out that there were about 70 of the windshields that I needed in Honda's inventory, while I was on the phone with him. With that info, I made contact with my local dealer where the glass company was getting the glass from and had them submit a CBO. It was initially denied for unknown reasons. I had to press them for a reason and that is when the dealer came back and said they'll have one in a few days. And in appeared in like 2 or 3 days.
I guess I should of pushed harder sooner. Just got an update that 600 Units are scheduled to AMH on 9/24 and my dealer's CBO is #101.. So there are at least 100 people ahead of me. Early October for installation.

Hope I don't get a ticket. I'll have to insist Honda Corporate pays it since their supply chain is broken.

Thanks,

JB

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought a new 2019 Touring in Canada this week, prior to delivery I asked to have the factory 5000 lb towing package installed.

Apparently it is on back order for 1 month and not currently available, so I took delivery of the vehicle and will need to go back to get the tow pack installed in the future.

Seems odd to me that these parts would not be readily available.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue. My windshield was cracked in mid-July and didn't get it installed until the first week of September because it was unavailable. This was becoming an issue because our plate expired at the end of August and an inspection is required in Texas. A cracked windshield in the driver's line of view is a "fail".

Todd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are windshield cracks in these pilots tend to crack more. Small peck was repaired then about a year later it ran about 24” In an irregular pattern! Never had that happen in other vehicles!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts