Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Piloteers! I have just aquired an 06 Pilot EX-L. I'm planning to install a window film on the windshield, but don't know the dimensions of the glass. Would anyone be willing to take the measurements of the windshield for me? I'm wanting to place an order for a specialty window film to get it in the mail quickly. My Pilot is in the shop for a few days, so I can't readily access it to measure.

The window film vendor offers cuts in the below sizes, and I want to be sure I don't purchase a cut size too small and end up with something I can't use. The price difference between each size stepping is about $25, so I want to be decently accurate with my order. I'd prefer the cut be a few inches wider than the widest point on the windshield, so that there is opportunity for a little error when the film applicator goes to work on my film installation.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take a few minutes of their time for me!

Window Film Cut Sizes Available:
  • 60 in. x 60 in.
  • 80 in. x 60 in.
  • 90 in. x 60 in.
  • 120 in. x 60 in. (I'm sure this is way too large).

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,845 Posts
You realize that if you doing that on the windshield it is illegal in all 50 states.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You realize that if you doing that on the windshield it is illegal in all 50 states.
He's in Kokubunji, Tokyo. The worst consequence he might be faced with is writing a ごめんなさい letter, lol. Somebody give him the dimensions he's asking for. Let him drive to the ラブホテル without some surveillance cam spilling the beans on with whom. :LOL:😍

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,845 Posts
Well either that or to ソープランド. I would just hate to have a yellow 不正改造車 sticker stuck on my vehicle.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Well either that or to ソープランド. I would just hate to have a yellow 不正改造車 sticker stuck on my vehicle.
I see there's some research behind your reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was able to get some measurements today for the windshield.

Measured externally from the widest points, it is roughly 64 x 36 inches. Of the previously mentioned options, I will be buying a window film cut to the size of 80 in. x 60 in. to take to my installer.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I was able to get some measurements today for the windshield.

Measured externally from the widest points, it is roughly 64 x 36 inches. Of the previously mentioned options, I will be buying a window film cut to the size of 80 in. x 60 in. to take to my installer.
Keep us posted and post pics. But not necessarily of who's inside the car, if you prefer not.

頑張って!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts