Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what most people do for a sun shade. I have seen the custom fit shade on Hondacuraworld.com. Any others out there before I order? It's $32 which is four times what I paid for the one at WalMart, which does not fit to my liking. ;)

thanks

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
300MileTrip said:
Just wondering what most people do for a sun shade. I have seen the custom fit shade on Hondacuraworld.com. Any others out there before I order? It's $32 which is four times what I paid for the one at WalMart, which does not fit to my liking. ;)

thanks
I won the exact shade from Hondacuraworld during a contest here @ honda-pilot.org. It works great to help keep the sun out & keep the cabin a little cooler.

It is a little harder to remove...it rolls up vs. folding up.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I found a nice large one at Costco. It's actually a little bit wider than it needs to be but fits the height nicely. It was less than $20. It has a reflective side which faces out and a non reflective side. It also folds up like an accordian. Works well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I was at two dealerships this week. The first one had a custom shade for 29.95 but out of stock. The next had it in stock for 23.95 so I grabbed it. I actually THOUGHT I had seen it online for 18 but could not remember where. Anyway, It fits almost perfectly. It should have been about 3/4 inch wider. The big problem is that I roll this thing up and it's HUGE!!! It's like carrying a baseball bat around, only wider. Plus, it rolls back and forth in the back seat. It's too long to try and fit under my seat like I do with the 2-peice shade that "twists" into two small circles. Where do you store this enormous peice of cargo?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Magic Shade

I have the Magic Shade Super Jumbo - 2-piece mylar shade. It folds very easily, and covers the whole windshield. It's about a 12" circle when folded. Very light. I can put it behind the seat in the larger net pocket. I found it on Ebay for about $5 - its normally $16 or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts