Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now i have returned to my car to find the sunroof and windows partially open. We do not know why. Anyone else having this problem? Once it was raining so can be a very serious problem.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Very common question --- Your most likely pressing the button(s) on your key fob as your walking away from your car. Pressing the fob buttons is designed to open all the windows to cool off your car before you enter (see owners manual for details).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Twice now i have returned to my car to find the sunroof and windows partially open. We do not know why. Anyone else having this problem? Once it was raining so can be a very serious problem.
I have had this problem with two different 2018 Honda Pilot Touring models. The first one I took back to dealership after it happened 3X first weekend I owned the car. The third time it happened the keys were inside on a shelf. Went for a walk, noticed windows all up. Returning from walk, all four windows and moonroof were fully open. Key fob still inside on the shelf.

Dealer acted like they had never heard of such a problem, but fortunately it did it right in front of his eyes. They could not fix it so told me to pick out another car. After almost 1.5 years with new Pilot Touring it happened for the first time yesterday. Very distraught.

This has been a KNOWN problem for over ten years. Should have been a class action law suit. Pretty sure it’s an RFID signal problem. Same way thieves can copy your signal code and steal cars with keyless entry unless you keep your fob in some stupid Faraday box or cover and give up on the keyless entry convenience. Apparently also happens with atmospheric electromagnetic disturbances too which means people frequently get their car interior ruined. Was considering buying a new Passport but no more Hondas for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts