Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I walked outside this morning to discover that my 2019 Honda Pilot's windows and moonroof were partially open!
Thankfully it was not the night before when it rained all night!
The only thing I can figure is that the remote key buttons somehow got pushed exactly right while in my pocket after I came home with the car last night.
Is there any way to disable this "feature"?

Page 167 in Owner's Manual:

Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Unfortunately there are no setting to disable that function.

Reactions: krgjevre32

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was afraid there was no way to disable that "feature". I guess I will have to make it a habit to remove the remote key from my pocket every time I get home from now on!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, I looked through the Owner's Manual and found that the remote engine start can be turned on/off but not the remote windows and moonroof opening.

·
Registered
707 Posts
No and in their infinite wisdom, it can't be closed by remote either. In fact, you need to remove the key from the fob and put it in the door lock...... Dumb.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
No and in their infinite wisdom, it can't be closed by remote either. In fact, you need to remove the key from the fob and put it in the door lock...... Dumb.

The design is simply to avoid lawsuits from idiots. Mr. Dumb could be poking the window while Mr. Dumber closes the window with a remote and chops off certain parts of Mr. Dumb.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The design is simply to avoid lawsuits from idiots. Mr. Dumb could be poking the window while Mr. Dumber closes the window with a remote and chops off certain parts of Mr. Dumb.
I'm ok with that as long as I don't have to run out in the rain to undo the mistake :) FWIW my other car can go up or down via remote.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I tried to use the key from the remote in the driver side door lock to close the windows & moonroof, and found that you have to turn the key (counter-clockwise) to lock it and then turn the key to lock it again and hold until the windows & moonroof have closed fully.

The other alternative is to put it into accessory mode and close the windows & moonroof manually.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In 2019 I don't think "Smart" power windows it too much to ask for here. Much like the garage door's ability to sense and stop when there is an obstacle in its way the windows up feature could do the same here.

·
Registered
707 Posts
In 2019 I don't think "Smart" power windows it too much to ask for here. Much like the garage door's ability to sense and stop when there is an obstacle in its way the windows up feature could do the same here.
I never tested mine but I'm willing to bet they do auto stop if obstructed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I never tested mine but I'm willing to bet they do auto stop if obstructed.

The power window mechanism is equipped with a sensor to detect when too much closing force is required, which then stops the window and reverses it.
Another thread about this "awesome" feature!! Please Honda, do away with it or at least make a way to shut it off. I can't believe people like this feature!!
It’s really a great feature if you understand it correctly. The whole idea is to air-out the hot vehicle before you get into it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It’s really a great feature if you understand it correctly. The whole idea is to air-out the hot vehicle before you get into it.
But this great feature creates a perfect opportunity for a stranger to clean out your vehicle of items you left inside when the windows go all the way down. Honda needs an 'over ride' to detect the rain and not let the feature engage. Or at least give us the option to disable the feature.

·
Banned
379 Posts
The power window mechanism is equipped with a sensor to detect when too much closing force is required, which then stops the window and reverses it.

Sorry I disagree. I don't need to air out my vehicle. The 30 seconds it will be open by the time I get to it from wherever I am won't matter. The risk of it opening accidentally in rain or snow is too great. As you can see this happens to people quite often. I'm just saying it would be easy for them to make it a choice in the settings to be able to turn it off.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Personally, I liked the option and it does make a difference when the interior is really hot. I always kept the fob in my jeans pocket, the little one above the regular one, so it was less likely to be pressed and easily isolated for operation without taking it out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You’re lucky it went down partially...lol. I have arrived the following morning to see all the windows all the way down and moon roof completely open! I was very fortunate the couple times it happened, there was no weather related incident. It was scary though. Made it a point of duty to keep my key FOB out of reach. It’s just that two of us have it on our bunch of keys. Definitely agree Honda should have done more to prevent accidents happening like an ability to set it to automatically close after a predefined period. I mean, this is an accident waiting to happen whichever way you slice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's never happened to me, and it's a feature that I have rarely used, but I do agree that it should be able to be disabled. My previous car(Audi) had this feature, but you could disable it in system settings. Same for my son's Tacoma. Perhaps some sort of semi hard case or cover for the fob could prevent the accidental activation. I see a bunch of them on Amazon. I mean, it's not like we ever have to actually press a button on the FOB, except for remote start.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts