Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting the windows on my Pilot tinted, but I have a few questions for those of you who have aftermarket tinting.

1) Our three children find touching the widows irresistible. Can you clean the inside of tinted windows easily, or do they need to be treated with special care?

2) If at some point I want to remove the tint, can this be done relatively easily?

3) Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Chicago area?

Thanks for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
ck55 said:
I have been thinking about getting the windows on my Pilot tinted, but I have a few questions for those of you who have aftermarket tinting.

1) Our three children find touching the widows irresistible. Can you clean the inside of tinted windows easily, or do they need to be treated with special care?

2) If at some point I want to remove the tint, can this be done relatively easily?

3) Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Chicago area?

Thanks for your help.
1) Thay can be easily cleaned with amonia free window cleaner and a soft cloth. Kids will scratch them or nick them some, just enough to drive you crazy, but not bad enough to have them replaced.

2) Have heard you can but have not tried. Think of removing a bumper sticker.

3) Nope, got all mine done is California
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
Re: Re: Window tinting questions

N_Jay said:
3) Nope, got all mine done is California
If in the SFBA, where did you get it done? My wife wants to get her Civic done (always been meaning to have it done, but now that I've got my pilot she is really wanting to 'accessorize' her Civic).

kad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
ck55 said:
I have been thinking about getting the windows on my Pilot tinted, but I have a few questions for those of you who have aftermarket tinting.

2) If at some point I want to remove the tint, can this be done relatively easily?

Thanks for your help.
The film can be removed. We live in Maryland and purchased a used car ( with tinted windows) from another state. Maryland would not pass the car for inspection with the tint. It took my husband about and hour and a half to remove the tint from a 4 door Acura TL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Had mine done the day after I took delivery. A "must do" in my book. Very impressed with the results.

From my experience:
- You must be careful until the bonding agents cure- about 2 weeks after that a non-ammonia/non-alcohol based cleaner can be used.
-The film is quite durable for most routine use/abuse. It can be removed and replaced. Check for a warrenty when you buy. Mine is covered for life no matter what caused the damage.
-I paid $220 for the entire job including front windows-
-make sure you know your state laws- my fronts are illegal but I choose to live on the edge
-Ask around in your area for a good shop. Don't hesitate to ask questions. I did some research on window tinting BB to increase my knowledge base. You will also be able to learn about the different manufacturers, materials and effects that are available.
 

·
Admin Du Jour ®
Joined
·
989 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Window tinting questions

kadiir said:
If in the SFBA, where did you get it done? My wife wants to get her Civic done (always been meaning to have it done, but now that I've got my pilot she is really wanting to 'accessorize' her Civic).

kad
Litespeeds (member here) owns a couple of tint shops: Fremont and San Leandro(?). He's rec'd stellar reviews on the Infiniti boards and he's doing my coupe in a couple of weeks. I'd contact him (Click here)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Window tinting questions

TheWorm said:
Litespeeds (member here) owns a couple of tint shops: Fremont and San Leandro(?). He's rec'd stellar reviews on the Infiniti boards and he's doing my coupe in a couple of weeks. I'd contact him (Click here)
:cool: Thanks!

kad
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top