Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a place in the DC/VA/MD area that offers a good deal on a windown tint for the front driver and passenger side.

Here's what I have gotten back so far from 2 places:

LA Tint: $89 :bangh:
Local Tint place (Springfield): $75

Was hoping for a deal for around $50-60 bucks

·
Registered
18 Posts
tint

There's a good place in Linthicum on W.Nursey Road. I just bought a 04' EX-L and I'm bringing it there this week (maybe tomorrow) to get all windows tinted for $185. For the front two it's only $60. Check out there site www.gwmotorsports.com.

Look for Mike, he's offered friendly service so far.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: tint

jlontoc said:
...I just bought a 04' EX-L and I'm bringing it there this week (maybe tomorrow) to get all windows tinted...
What's the legal limit in your state? I think the factory tint on your EX-L is 35%.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts

jlontoc said:
There's a good place in Linthicum on W.Nursey Road. I just bought a 04' EX-L and I'm bringing it there this week (maybe tomorrow) to get all windows tinted for $185. For the front two it's only $60. Check out there site www.gwmotorsports.com.

Look for Mike, he's offered friendly service so far.
jlontoc: Please let us (okay, me) know how the tint job goes when you get it completed!!! I used to work off of West Nursery Road in Linthicum, but I've never heard of that place -- if he does decent work, then I may give Mike a call...

·
Registered
18 Posts
tint

Will do Kemosabe...

I'll probably be going over there tomorrow. I work just down the road and they offer nearby drop offs too.

I'm planning on putting 20% for the front and 35% on the back. At first I was thinking of 5% in the front and 20% in the back but that might be pushing it.

I'll let you know how it goes. Remind me if I don't respond in a couple days.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts

jlontoc said:
Will do Kemosabe...

I'll probably be going over there tomorrow. I work just down the road and they offer nearby drop offs too.

I'm planning on putting 20% for the front and 35% on the back. At first I was thinking of 5% in the front and 20% in the back but that might be pushing it.

I'll let you know how it goes. Remind me if I don't respond in a couple days.
You don't by any chance work on Elkridge Landing Road, do you, jlontoc??? :confused:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jlontoc said:
yeah i do... and i'm betting you probably did too... am i right?
You, kind sir, are absolutely correct!!! :4: :17:

Lemme guess... you're either a green badger or a blue badger, eh??? :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Re: tint

tim.s said:
What's the legal limit in your state? I think the factory tint on your EX-L is 35%.
I called Honda to find out the % of the factory tint on our Ex-L side and rear window .. it's 20%. I did the front 2 windows in 35% as there already is a light tint to those windows from the factory. They are a " hair" lighter then the rear .. but having tinted windows on our other cars .. the 20% is a little hard to see through at night especially in an area without street lights. We live in Maryland and legal tint limit is only 50% .. had to take the 20% off one of our cars per police.

·
Registered
18 Posts
tint

Yup... got the tint put on today and it turned out great (as far as I can tell).

I put 20% on all sides (front & rear) and 35% on the rear(so it's still visible when backing up). It looks real nice. I know 35% is legal here and I'm hoping not to catch too much attention with it but I hear SUVs are given a little more slack with tint. I also have a friend with a Tahoe... and has all 20%s and he's never been pulled over.

I guess it's just personal preference if you wanna take the chance or not. If you decide to go with 20% just take extra caution when driving at night and when in doubt, power down the windows.

And yes Kemosabe... Blue is correct but maybe we shouldn't be discussing it here ;)

I'll try to attach a pic within the week if anyone's interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts