Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with a 2004 Pilot: when you flip the window control on the driver's door to "off", can you still operate the passenger side and rear windows?

(I'm hoping this is something that was changed on the 2004 and just not brought up yet.)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
tim.s said:
For those of you with a 2004 Pilot: when you flip the window control on the driver's door to "off", can you still operate the passenger side and rear windows?

(I'm hoping this is something that was changed on the 2004 and just not brought up yet.)
I understand the desire to have the "off" be rear only, but if you could still opperate the rear and pass, then what would the switch be doing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe there's a desire to have the ability to shut off the 3 remote window switches while retaining the driver's ability to control all the windows.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
ffdk said:
I believe there's a desire to have the ability to shut off the 3 remote window switches while retaining the driver's ability to control all the windows.
I just checked our Maxima and it does the same thing. Funny thing is all this time I just assumed it simply disabled the other window controls and left the driver's controls operational. Oh well....:(

·
Registered
602 Posts
I just checked my Buick LeSabre. When the switch is in the lock position, the driver can still operate all four windows, the front seat passenger can operate that window, but the rear passengers cannot open or close their windows. This seems to be a smart way to go.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ffdk said:
Yep, it's a parent (or control freak) thing.

So...no 2004 drivers here tonight?

·
Registered
16 Posts
2004 Window Lock

Never even thought about the window lock and forgot that it had one. I just walked out to the garage and gave the window lock a try. With the window lock on only the drivers window works. The other window buttons on the drivers door are locked out. :confused:

Seems a little silly. Other vehicles I have owned let the driver operate all windows even when the others were locked. :ucrazy:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
tim.s said:
Yep, it's a parent (or control freak) thing.
...snip

Or maybe a safety thing ( parent or not), like the child locks on the doors.

Besides, do we really need to read another post from someone who had their eardrums burst because the person in the back seat lowered the window, causing that:

1. amazing sucking sound
2. terrible window rumble
3. you pick the sound description
4. all of the above.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Window switch light shut down

Little bit of thread drift here...

did you ever notice that when you lock the windows out from the driver's door, the green lights in each window switch at their individual locations shut off to denote the fact they are not working / workable ... obviously not a major thing, but I thought it was kind of cool on my 2003.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: 2004 Window Lock

Bulldog said:
Never even thought about the window lock and forgot that it had one. I just walked out to the garage and gave the window lock a try. With the window lock on only the drivers window works. The other window buttons on the drivers door are locked out. :confused:

Seems a little silly. Other vehicles I have owned let the driver operate all windows even when the others were locked. :ucrazy:
Cool, thanks for your help Bulldog.

I can't remember now if my Accord worked like this or not - it might just be Honda's preferred design and not just a Pilot "issue". Oh well, maybe next year.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Re: Re: 2004 Window Lock

tim.s said:
Cool, thanks for your help Bulldog.

I can't remember now if my Accord worked like this or not - it might just be Honda's preferred design and not just a Pilot "issue". Oh well, maybe next year.
If I remember correctly, my 1988 Accord worked the same way as the Pilot. Must be a "Honda Thing."

·
Registered
25 Posts
To answer your question, no...you still have to turn the windows back "on" for the driver to be able to operate the other windows. HTH!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was rather dissappointed to find that it disables all window movement except for the drivers window, myself. Every other car I have ever driven allowed the driver to move all other windows (for the kids in the back) with the lock engaged.
It doesn't make much sense to me, either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts