Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Today I woke up to see that my front drivers side window on my 2008 Pilot had fallen all the way down last night. I opened the door panel and saw that the regulator was shot, so I went to Auto Zone and picked up a new one and installed it. The window rolls up and down perfectly fine now in manual mode, but I can't for the life of me get the AUTO mode to work and roll the window all the way up or down when you hard press or pull the button. I've tried rolling it all the way up and down, + holding the button for 2 secs, toggling the ignition on and off, doing it with the motor running and not running, etc. No matter which instructions I find online I can't get it to "learn" the window for the AUTO mode.

Has anyone else had this issue? When I hold the button down for a few seconds I can hear a little click noise and the window stops working for a few seconds. I think it's a thermal trigger because after that the window stops working for a bit and the motor becomes really hot. Maybe I need to hold it just long enough not to heat up the motor?

EDIT: I should mention the replacement regulator is a DORMAN 748-129 "OEM-compatible" replacement. It has it's own set of instructions for resetting the AUTO function which don't work either.

·
Registered
504 Posts
When I did mine ('03), I found alignment of the regulator hardware and glass to be both critical and very fussy.

There's way more than enough adjustment room in the hardware. I suggest pulling off the inside panel and moving things around a little bit at a tme until you find a position that works better.

For me, it was only going part way up on Auto. After I adjusted the alignment, it was intermittent. Its gotten better with time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked and the Honda OEM regulator is only like $20 more than the part I got from Auto Zone, so I went ahead and ordered it and I'm gonna return the one I got to Auto Zone and use the OEM regulator. I'm thinking the sensitivity on the Dorman one is just way too high.. I'll post an update when I get the Honda replacement in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I checked and the Honda OEM regulator is only like $20 more than the part I got from Auto Zone, so I went ahead and ordered it and I'm gonna return the one I got to Auto Zone and use the OEM regulator. I'm thinking the sensitivity on the Dorman one is just way too high.. I'll post an update when I get the Honda replacement in.
Do you have an update on this?

·
Registered
2004 EX-L
14 Posts
Quite interested in this as well. I replaced mine a few months back and tried figuring it out as well to no avail. Just figured the one I bought did not have a relay set for it or something. I certainly like the auto feature though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've replaced 5 in my 04 (car lives outside on Texas). I've never had to do anything. Always used aftermarket. The auto down never worked initially, but always returned to normal after a few days.

·
Registered
2004 EX-L
14 Posts
I've replaced 5 in my 04 (car lives outside on Texas). I've never had to do anything. Always used aftermarket. The auto down never worked initially, but always returned to normal after a few days.
Yea I found in the owners manual it says:

Turn the car on, Fully open the drivers side window and then fully close it and remain holding up/close on the button for 2 seconds and that should enable the AUTO function.

I’m unable to do this right now since I have my battery disconnected for an amp install but once I’m all done I’ll check it out. NJUI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts