Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2019 EX-L i'm getting alot wind noise from the driver side window when i'm doing about 40mph or higher. Has anyone else experience this/having the same issue?

·
Registered
152 Posts
We had a 'wind issue' at freeway speeds of the front passenger door / window area, during our test drive of our new 2019 Touring.

While we were signing the papers, the service department replaced the door rubber molding / seal.

All quiet now and no other issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. I'm taking my pilot today to the dealership to have them take a look at it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You are hearing wind come across the side view mirror. Close the mirror while driving and you notice the wind stops. I’ve addressed this with my dealership and they advised that this is a problem with all Pilots. Higher end versions use acoustic glass that reduces the noise. Let me know if you hear anything different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are hearing wind come across the side view mirror. Close the mirror while driving and you notice the wind stops. I’ve addressed this with my dealership and they advised that this is a problem with all Pilots. Higher end versions use acoustic glass that reduces the noise. Let me know if you hear anything different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So yeah, my dealership stated pretty much the same thing. That the issue is with side view mirror on how its designed. As well that its been an on going problem with all pilots. They couldn't do anything to fix so that was really a bummer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a 'wind issue' at freeway speeds of the front passenger door / window area, during our test drive of our new 2019 Touring.

While we were signing the papers, the service department replaced the door rubber molding / seal.

All quiet now and no other issues.
I have had similar issues since new and it seems to be worse in the cold weather. I suspect it has to do with the door seal. Do you know if they replaced the seal that is attached to the door or the seal that is attached to the body of the car?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have had similar issues since new and it seems to be worse in the cold weather. I suspect it has to do with the door seal. Do you know if they replaced the seal that is attached to the door or the seal that is attached to the body of the car?
Sorry, I have no idea. Since we 'technically' didn't own the car yet (were signing the purchase paperwork), they changed the front-passenger door seal before we took ownership. We didn't even receive / ask for, a repair order.

The wind noise was VERY noticeable during the test drive @ 65mph, almost like a door that wasn't closed all the way. The weather during the test drive was sunny and 70 degrees.

We haven't had this reoccur in the past 13 months of driving in all driving / weather conditions. We haven't noticed any wind noise coming from the side view mirror(s).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts