Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question #1: Does anybody notice wind noise with the luggage rack cross bars installed?

Question # 2: Has anybody noticed that the driver side seating is a little uncomfortable for people with long legs?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hope it's ok to ask another question about the luggage rack ....are the cross bars adjustable or are they "fixed" in one spot? And a couple comments.... I can't believe Honda puts the side rails on the vehicle, and then charges a couple hundred $$$ to complete the job with the cross pieces ..... and while I'm on a roll .... what type of protection do you folks use for the top of the Pilot ...... or do you just put the cargo right on the painted surface?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Wind noise

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1549&highlight=new+members

Welcome,
If you are experiencing noise from the crossbars they are installed backwards. It is a common mistake. One of the bars has a little sticker that says "front" on it. This means that that is the bar that goes on the front, it does not necessarily mean that that particular edge of that bar is facing the front. Both crossbars should be installed so that the slightly "blunt" edge is facing forwards and the
"sharper" edge is facing to the back, just like an airplane wing.

If you are a new member post your question in the forum at the link noted above. Most of your concerns can be addressed without starting a new thread.

As for the other questions the two of you posted I would suggest you go to the noted link for some input from other members.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts