Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through the threads and wonder if anyone else is having the same problem as me. When I am on the highway, I hear wind blowing through my drivers and passenger's windows. It sounds like the windows aren't all the way up but they are. When I called the dealer, they hadn't heard of this and suggested bringing it by and having them lube the windows. For some reason it doesn't sound like a quick lube will help. With the windier weather on us, it's starting to really bother me and believe me, I'm a complete noise freak:bonk: when it comes to cabin noises. There's nothing more that I hate than picking up your truck after being without it for an entire day to find "no fault found" or that they "lubed it" and "try it and let us know what you think!!!":moon: :bangh: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that the wind noise is just the mirrors, which if you are used to a car these are a lot larger. But this is just a guess, they may be able to do something about it, but i think its in the design of the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The "wind noise" that I have experienced on occasion in my EX is more like a "rattling" sound, or perhaps similar to the sound made by rapidly shaking a piece of sheet metal. It certainly doesn't happen all the time that the wind is blowing but I have not been able to identify the circumstances under which it does occur.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have noticed this, too. It is not constant for me - only intermittent at highway speeds on windy days or when passing a large 18-wheeler (that churns up the air). It definitely seems to be coming from the door seals. I tried the silicone lube solution mentioned by other posters; but it didn't work for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been hearing the same thing. I always assumed that this is what the "scrunch" sounded like that everyone has talked about so much. For someone who has been on this forum for longer than us, is this the same thing or something different?

Thanks,
TJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wind Noises

From day one..... Sounded noisier than any vehicle I have owned.
The dealer stuffed styrofoam plugs in the spaces between the body and the factory installed running boards. Replaced the front windshield and rubber seals. Replaced the wind deflector on the hood. Changed the front door seals (Driver and Passenger). Noises abated somewhat - although, still there. The whistling can and has driven me nuts at times. Enough so that I have thought about selling the Pilot. Shame on Honda.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Wind Noises

Wiley said:
From day one..... Sounded noisier than any vehicle I have owned.
The dealer stuffed styrofoam plugs in the spaces between the body and the factory installed running boards. Replaced the front windshield and rubber seals. Replaced the wind deflector on the hood. Changed the front door seals (Driver and Passenger). Noises abated somewhat - although, still there. The whistling can and has driven me nuts at times. Enough so that I have thought about selling the Pilot. Shame on Honda.

ARE YOU LISTENING YET HONDA?:ucrazy: :ucrazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts