Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have a dealer installed bug deflector. Looks just like the one in the picture though.

Seems to work good. My only complaint is that there appears to be a bend in the middle while driving. I think it's due to the wind and the fact that the deflector stickes up like 4" with no support behind it. So the wind bends it in the middle.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
lalo212 said:
I'm planning to install a wind deflector on my Pilot. Does anyone here has seen these brand installed? and Does it seem to fit Perfect? Thanks guys.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/ve...eh_id=805&veh_opt_choice_id=0&item_group_id=5

I have this deflector installed on my Pilot. It is simple to install/remove and holds up well...without any whistling.

I agree with davejulien regarding the slight bend in the center at higher speeds. It will not even come close to the bumpons though

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the dealer throw on an aftermarket hood deflector made by Perfect Fit.
It's slightly wider (extended wings) to cover the whole diameter of the hood, and there doesn't seem to be any whistling sound present either at all speeds.
I too have noticed that the middle section compresses a bit at speeds greater than approx 120kms (75mph).

·
Registered
55 Posts
We have the weathertech wind deflector and like it alot. It was simple to install/remove and the quality is first rate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bug Deflector

I installed Honda bug deflector myself. Install was easy, but now it's on I don't like the look .
I'm looking into 3M stone and chip guard adhesive film to cover the front of the hood instead of the deflector.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Bug Deflector

DAK said:
I installed Honda bug deflector myself. Install was easy, but now it's on I don't like the look .
I'm looking into 3M stone and chip guard adhesive film to cover the front of the hood instead of the deflector.
What about the OEM rivnut/screw holes in the hood?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
lalo212, I don't think you can go wrong with an aftermarket deflector, whether it be Weathertech, Perfect Fit or Form Fit and etc. Just don't go for Honda's OEM deflector! Unless they changed the design on it, they actually have to drill 2 holes underneath your hood to install the thing, whereas the aftermarket ones do not.

While that in and of itself can be argued that it's not an inherently a bad thing, I'd rather install a deflector that doesn't require drilling of any kind for the same money. Also, the OEM deflector employs metal brackets with steel screws, at least the one I had, whereas the aftermarket ones use rubber ones with aluminum rivets, which decreases the chance of the brackets inflicting paint damage on the hood.

I have the Perfect Fit one. I really like it, especially the extended "wings" over the headlights. Looks like Weathertech uses the same design. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bug deflector rivnut

Time will tell if the 2 drilled holes will rust. I sealed them more than was called for, still not drilling would be better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts