·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian said:
xyz

Do you have a tow hitch?
Brain -

I was thinking about a tow hitch until you came with the idea of a hitch step:) Do I have to have a hitch to install the hitch step?:rolleyes:

Actually my wife drives the car most of the times she definitely needs some rear bumper protection:D . We were going to get the hitch but the problem is if she backs into another car, our pilot will probably be ok but a hitch will do a much bigger damage to the other car. The hitch step looks great for a step/bumper but, as said above, there may be a problem with the sensors:(

Hey will you take some pictures? :2:

xyz

·
Registered
342 Posts
My guess is no. I think it would be low enough to avoid blocking the sensors.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You need a Tow Hitch for the GoRhino hitch step/bumper to plug into. I bought a Hidden Hitch (you'll see a couple of threads talking about aftermarket and Honda hitches on this site) it was only $120 compared to the Honda Hitch $700. With out installation. The reason I got the hitch is so I can carry bikes and snowboards around with out having to climb on top of the car and risk body damage.

The GoRhino step/bumper I think will provide some protection for the back, but we might be better served with the WAAG rear bumper for real protection. My wife drive the Pilot most of the time as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ChuckW said:
My guess is no. I think it would be low enough to avoid blocking the sensors.
It probably won't block the sensor but maybe the sensor will sense its presence and keeps beeping :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
The WAAG bumper will definitely interfere with the rear sensors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brian said:
You need a Tow Hitch for the GoRhino hitch step/bumper to plug into. I bought a Hidden Hitch (you'll see a couple of threads talking about aftermarket and Honda hitches on this site) it was only $120 compared to the Honda Hitch $700. With out installation. The reason I got the hitch is so I can carry bikes and snowboards around with out having to climb on top of the car and risk body damage.

The GoRhino step/bumper I think will provide some protection for the back, but we might be better served with the WAAG rear bumper for real protection. My wife drive the Pilot most of the time as well.
I'd love a WAAG rear bumper but it's going to have the same problem with the sensor:( Should've chosen Nav with rear camera........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts