Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Touring (Canada)
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking into purchasing a set of winter tires for my 2016 Pilot. I currently have 20” tires and rims on it but thinking of going down to 18” rims and tires for the winter set. I’ve read on here that this will be fine. Just want to know if this will cause any error on the dash? For those of you who have done this, would really appreciate your input. Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Can't see it being an issue as long as you are changing all 4 over. The only issue I had was the TPMS sensors which were not installed in my winter rims so I got a warning each time I started the car. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable it but it did not affect anything else so I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
The 3rd gen Pilot has an alternate tire size of 245 60 r18. You should be fine.

Reactions: ys1219 and MsGee

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Touring (Canada)
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Thank you everyone for your input. Now just waiting for them to go on sale. Lol!

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Awesome! Thank you everyone for your input. Now just waiting for them to go on sale. Lol!
You might check www.car-part.com for some used Pilot rims. There are some Canadian salvage yards that sell on the site. Could save you a few $.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Hey guys,

Looking into purchasing a set of winter tires for my 2016 Pilot. I currently have 20” tires and rims on it but thinking of going down to 18” rims and tires for the winter set. I’ve read on here that this will be fine. Just want to know if this will cause any error on the dash?
Moving to 18" from 20" wheels should save some bucks when buying winter tires. It should not cause any issues as long as the overall tire diameters are similar. The 18" wheels should clear the rotors and calipers as it's an approved alternate size.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
Just make sure you have the proper offset either with the wheels or with spacers.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
Search maybe in tires thread. One member I think in Canada has 17" he bought from Tirerack as a package. RidgelineOwnersClub forum classifieds many selling their Ridgeline wheels in 18", some in Canada, some with sensors so you keep the the TPMS in winter also. You can also buy and add to any rims for about $35 each.

The 17" steel from Ridgeline should also fit.

I did larger 18" tires 265-60-18, no issues.

member mcm0455 17"

Canada 17"

You can search "snow Tires" just in 3rd gen and you'll find pictures buried in the threads with rims from 2015 Pilots also and other versions. Craigslist and Letgo also have choices.

·
Registered
51 Posts
On my 18 EX-L, I had 17's for my winter set with TMPS sensors from TireRack.com and never had an issue in two winters.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
kslu_wa also has the 17" on his if I recall. You can check his posts accordingly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts