Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I will probably be getting new tires for my pilot soon, and I think the tires are out of round because they sound like truck tires on the highway. My concern is that the vibration gets worse when I am braking. The steering wheel is not shaking, as if it were warped rotors.

Will out of round tires cause worse vibration when I am braking?

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
Out of round tires will vibrate constantly, more noticeable at higher speeds. How's the alignment? Are your tires cupped?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,190 Posts
Out of round tires will vibrate constantly, more noticeable at higher speeds. How's the alignment? Are your tires cupped?
Yes, check that. Also your bearings by veering suddenly and sharply (but safely) and listen if the noise becomes more intense.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Hello all, I will probably be getting new tires for my pilot soon, and I think the tires are out of round because they sound like truck tires on the highway. My concern is that the vibration gets worse when I am braking. The steering wheel is not shaking, as if it were warped rotors.

Will out of round tires cause worse vibration when I am braking?
If the vibration gets worse when braking the rotors may be warped. Inspect all four tires for any unusual wear patterns from either an alignment or balance issue. As mentioned if the tires have flat spots or are out-of-round the vibration would be noticeable all the time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the vibration gets worse when braking the rotors may be warped. Inspect all four tires for any unusual wear patterns from either an alignment or balance issue. As mentioned if the tires have flat spots or are out-of-round the vibration would be noticeable all the time.
The vibration/noise is there all the time(sounds like truck tires also). But my fear is the warped rotors could be a issue.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, if its warped rotors, whats the best place to get them replaced? I would had to think Honda, they will charge me a arm and a leg.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,190 Posts
As I've mentioned, this set of Centric rotors and pads has made all my PIlot's brake shortcomings go away, and over a year later they still feel great.

More Information for CENTRIC 90640061

A lot cheaper than mediocre overpriced brakes from the dealer, and don't forget to enter your 5% Piloteers discount code.

5% Discount Code: 20CC2CFAD669A0
Expires: May 12, 2020
Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts