Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my dummy light (gas) just turned on. I need to drive 22 miles to my house and the only gas stations between my job in downtown Miami and the rest of the exits off of 95 are in the ghetto. Not safe! Do you think I will make it home?

·
Registered
103 Posts
It really would depend on Traffic. I have driven 35 Miles with the Gas light on; But this was after midnight with no traffic and on the highway. I think you are cutting it kind of close. If you are in downtown Miami can you make it to SW 8 ST? I know that there are gas stations there. You will have to travel up SW 7 ST till SW 8 St becomes a two way then just travel a few more aves up.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
You should be fine. My Pilot has ~3 gallons left when the light first comes on, good for almost 60 miles.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
jay said:
You should be fine. My Pilot has ~3 gallons left when the light first comes on, good for almost 60 miles.
Based on experience, I concur with jay. You should certainly feel safe going at least 40 more miles.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty much stop and go for the first 18 miles. I hate traffic here!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
pretty much stop and go for the first 18 miles. I hate traffic here!
All right, how in the heck are you posting while driving? I gotta get whatever you got. That is too cool!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well??

Did you make it???
:confused:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
let us know when you run out of gas ;) ;) :2: :2:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
I didn't even try...I got too nervous and got some gas.
So???
How many gallons did it take? That will tell you what was left,and with your milage you would know for next time.

I have never had a problem going 50 miles after the light comes on.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
I think you can get some over-the-counter-medicine for that. ;)

Here's Alexandra242628 hitch hiking home after running out of gas:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
Wihout meaning too, I tested it today. I drove 32 miles after the light came on, mostly at 60-70 mph, and had 1.8 gallons left when I filled up.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jay that is good to know. I figured it was better that I throw a couple of bucks in downtown than to wait. It is totally stop and go for the 20 miles I would have to go. With my luck I would end up being a smash and grab victim if I tried to make it.

Kemo...too cute!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts