Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this post BELOW and copied into here and I couldn't help myself from posting...

"I have a 2003 Pilot EX-L Nav being built for me this week. The deal I got was $31,214. "

I bought a base model MDX for $33,000 that's $3,000 of MSRP.
I drove the Pilot and it was okay, but no heated seats, no sunroof
less horsepower and a box like looking exterior. Basically it's a CRV on steroids, but people still continue to let dealers take advantage of them by paying MSRP? I don't get it???? It's a big CRV???

The honda sales rep calls me up yesterday 3 weeks after I bought my MDX and asks if I would be interested in trading in my 03 MDX
that I just paid $33k for and trading it in for a $31k Pilot....I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF...

my 0.2 cents...I know I'll get slammed, but oh well...
:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
You are so much smarter and cooler than us. Can you give us more advice please? What kind of house should I buy? I need your help with that too since you are such a genius.

Please reply as soon as possible! Thank you!

:1:

Actually it sounds like you are a bit insecure about your MDX purchase if you have to come over to a Honda-Pilot.org website and explain how your car is better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I hurt your feelings??? You need a hug?

Maybe you're to dumb to see by my post that I was in the market for a Pilot, but was turned off by the MSRP crap dealers are pushing...and once I compared the MDX to the Pilot and the very little price difference between them, that made my mind up...

Don't get your panties in an up roar...;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
well below MSRP

At least around here (Milwaukee, WI). I think the furor has died down, and I got mine last month for $1,000 over invoice, $2,000 under MSRP.

If you're really looking for reasons why most people on this board bought the Pilot (and not an MDX), check out this thread. http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4326&highlight=vs+mdx

If you're here to talk trash like I see on sports sites, "my team is great, yours sucks", I don't think many will engage you.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
mdxrules said:
Did I hurt your feelings??? You need a hug?

Maybe you're to dumb to see by my post that I was in the market for a Pilot, but was turned off by the MSRP crap dealers are pushing...and once I compared the MDX to the Pilot and the very little price difference that made my mind up...

Don't get your panties in an up roar...;)

Mellow Dude, do a search on MSRP and you will see the many discussions. Most (educated) people here understand economics well enough to know that MSRP is irrelevant.
What matters is Value and Cost to the individual taking into account the local market environment and their personal situation.
Any other discussing as to what someone should or should not pay is just that person blowing smoke (Quite common among those who "don not know, what they do not know")

As for the MDX vs the Pilot; they are two different vehicles, targeted at two different segments. I personally know MDX owners who wish the Pilot had been out sooner so they could have bought it instead. I am sure you can find Pilot owners who wish they had the opportunity to buy an MDX, could not due to cost.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong website.

http://www.penis-envy.com/

MDX's are for people that can't afford a Lexus/Porsche/Etc. SUV. You are probably one of those people that nearly bankrupts your family to be driving a 'cool' car that is financed for 96 months and you can still barely afford the payments.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You're comparing a top of the line Pilot with a bottom of the line MDX. So you paid $2,000 more for the following:
  • no navigation system
  • a lower residual value
  • no cargo net
  • less cargo space
  • less head/shoulder/hip/leg room
  • one less passenger seat
  • Brand image
It all depends on what you're looking for. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
acheslow said:
You're comparing a top of the line Pilot with a bottom of the line MDX. So you paid $2,000 more for the following:
  • no navigation system
  • a lower residual value
  • no cargo net
  • less cargo space
  • less head/shoulder/hip/leg room
  • one less passenger seat
  • Brand image
It all depends on what you're looking for. :D
The only one correct is the Nav...get your head out of your ass!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Twinkie said:
I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong website.

http://www.penis-envy.com/

MDX's are for people that can't afford a Lexus/Porsche/Etc. SUV. You are probably one of those people that nearly bankrupts your family to be driving a 'cool' car that is financed for 96 months and you can still barely afford the payments.

First, I don't have kids you stupid RETARD and secondly I paid cash
for my MDX. So if you're smart enough to figure that out...guess what? I have no car payments....keep driving your CRV...

·
Registered
449 Posts
mdxrules said:

for my MDX. So if you're smart enough to figure that out...guess what? I have no car payments....keep driving your CRV...
I rest my case.
Wake me up when you are done dreaming...:1:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
We've been here before folks

Ever heard of Zebco?

Some people like to fish just to see what they can catch...........

·
Registered
211 Posts
mdxrules said:

Boy, you sound like a 18+ kid with rich parents or a 30+ highly paid MBA, most eligible MDX driving bachelor ...

yeah ... yeah ... I like the MDX a lot, actually, but I bought the Pilot by choice, and I don't go telling people why they should've bought the Pilot, blah, blah. So whatever you think of the MDX, it's not necessary to come here and brag ...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
449 Posts
bkwon said:

Boy, you sound like a 18+ kid with rich parents or a 30+ highly paid MBA, most eligible MDX driving bachelor ...
Maybe you could be on that TV show The Bachelor, except you would have to figure out how to shoot the entire show in your MDX since that appears to be your most redeeming quality.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Never in my life have I seen such a disgusting exhibition of childish behavior.....:2:

Actually, I test drove the MDX before I ordered my Pilot. I could have driven the MDX home that day, but I liked the Pilot better and I waited 8 weeks for it. The extra cost of the MDX was doable, but for me it boiled down to this:

MDX: Better exterior styling, Less interior space and comfort.

PILOT: Better interior space & comfort, Less interesting exterior styling.

BOTTOM LINE: Since I spend more time inside my vehicle using it than I spend outside looking at it, I went with the Pilot. I don't find the extra HP is noticeable, and I do notice the greater head and shoulder room. If you are a shorter, smaller person, that might not be a factor.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Is this jcard71? Your deal sure sounds like the guy who was origionally willing to pay way too much for a used MDX and initially wouldn't listen to anyone here that you were overpaying. Glad you got the car you wanted. So did I.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
mdxrules said:

I have no car payments....keep driving your CRV...
I will, but I don't have car payments on my Pilot, my CR-V or my Porsche!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
my3kids said:
Is this jcard71? You sure sound like the guy who was willing to pay way too much for a used MDX and initially wouldn't listen to anyone here that you were overpaying. Glad you got the car you wanted. So did I.
Excellent catch!!!

Looks like our Zebco got caught on his own hook!!!!

:)

Maybe the NEXT time he joins, he will use his new name: ZEBCO!!!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: We've been here before folks

colorider said:
Ever heard of Zebco?

Some people like to fish just to see what they can catch...........
Just tigten up the drag and he will swim towards us.

He's not big enough to break the line. :)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts