Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently put led low beam and high beam on my 2008 Honda Pilot all of a sudden my parking lights in front and back tailgate went out what can it possibly be? I check the fuse it looks good what else can it be ? Please any help

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
The front parking lights wires are close by but not connected to the head lights on my '04. Inspected the wiring you may have disturbed? Assuming you inspected the correct fuses sometimes the fuses may look fine but could test bad. Since you moved something in that area have you replaced the leds to see if the regular bulbs are functional?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The front parking lights wires are close by but not connected to the head lights on my '04. Inspected the wiring you may have disturbed? Assuming you inspected the correct fuses sometimes the fuses may look fine but could test bad. Since you moved something in that area have you replaced the leds to see if the regular bulbs are functional?
Which LEDs did you get? Just curious, do your DRLs work?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Not sure if your issue is related to mine, but here's where my LED 9005 high beams led me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your telling me I should change the small fuse that operates the parking light seee if it works then ? And try putting old bulbs back ?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
What are DRLS ?
Daytime Running Lights. On my 2006, they're supposed to come on as soon as you release the parking brake.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Daytime Running Lights. On my 2006, they're supposed to come on as soon as you release the parking brake.
Really, I don't think they come on like that on my 2008 SE?

The 15 LX does have them on though even if the headlights are off. I'll have to check tonight I guess.

OH, and don't even get me started about the years/vehicles that turn on the High beam automatically when you reach a certain speed? Do all the newer vehicles have that feature?
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of- Bar None.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Really, I don't think they come on like that on my 2008 SE?

The 15 LX does have them on though even if the headlights are off. I'll have to check tonight I guess.
Probably because my 2006 is a Canadian spec. Canada has required DRLs since 1990. In the US, they are still optional.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
Check your wiring harnesses.
Measure your fuses with an ohm meter.
Don’t be one of those ###### who blinds oncoming traffic if you’re using LED bulbs which aren’t designed for use in the halogen headlight housing.

Reactions: aggrex and The Todd

·
Registered
9,303 Posts

Yeah, first world problems to be sure. I can't speculate on what the subtle circuitry differences are between early Canadian mandated DRLs were when they were implemented in Canadian Pilots circa my generation while they were not in US Pilots of the same era, and then when DRLs became one size fits all later on. What I surmise is the dual voltage 9005 high beam/DRL circuitry on my generation spec fell into the cracks of LED designers who logically target the largest common spec markets.

C'est la vie. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Check your wiring harnesses.
Measure your fuses with an ohm meter.
Don’t be one of those ###### who blinds oncoming traffic if you’re using LED bulbs which aren’t designed for use in the halogen headlight housing.
I assume you're addressing the OP. If you know anything about my stance on LEDs, it's that I resisted them and kvetched about them for a long time because of light dispersal and not so easy aiming and cutoff setups that many early adopters ended up blinding oncoming drivers with. It still is a problem with bozos who don't care or are too lame in the brain to install correctly, but LED have now come into their own, IMHO, so that any decent (in both senses of the word) DIYer can install them properly.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Yeah, first world problems to be sure. I can't speculate on what the subtle circuitry differences are between early Canadian mandated DRLs were when they were implemented in Canadian Pilots circa my generation while they were not in US Pilots of the same era, and then when DRLs became one size fits all later on. What I surmise is the dual voltage 9005 high beam/DRL circuitry on my generation spec fell into the cracks of LED designers who logically target the largest common spec markets.

C'est la vie. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
The DRLs work when you put incandescent bulbs in the 9005 sockets? If yes, are they dual element bulbs or single element? Access to a scope to see what the voltage looks like? Even a VOM on AC would be interesting. I'm wondering if they're using some kind of AC voltage rather than a PWM scheme. LEDs won't work with AC while incandescents will. Maybe a zener or diode would work if so.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
The DRLs work when you put incandescent bulbs in the 9005 sockets? If yes, are they dual element bulbs or single element?
Yes, they worked, and they're single element, IIRC. I still have the halogens so I'll double:D-check the next time I'm in the garage.

Might even haul my multimeter out there, too.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
I assume you're addressing the OP. If you know anything about my stance on LEDs, it's that I resisted them and kvetched about them for a long time because of light dispersal and not so easy aiming and cutoff setups that many early adopters ended up blinding oncoming drivers with. It still is a problem with bozos who don't care or are too lame in the brain to install correctly, but LED have now come into their own, IMHO, so that any decent (in both senses of the word) DIYer can install them properly.
Definitely not aimed towards you, but towards those who couldn’t care less about how their new lighting setup negatively impacts those around and oncoming to them. I’m all for responsibly doing this mod and verifying the beam horizon/pattern is no higher/dispersed compared to OEM.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
By the looks of the plug, that extension cord extends all the way to Europe.
220v DRLs, now there's an idea.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
So your telling me I should change the small fuse that operates the parking light seee if it works then ? And try putting old bulbs back ?
I've heard of this happening and blowing fuses, but the fuses are marked "small lights" which you wouldn't think to check. See if that isn't the case and look for those fuses and check or change them. Sorry, I don't remember the fuse numbers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts