Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Torn between Pilot and another make/model

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not the only one -- if you've been thinking about purchasing a Pilot but haven't yet, why?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Another Vote Option

How about another vote option...

o Life's too short - I bought mine :D

Good way to get a sense of how many owners / potential owners troll the site.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
How about "I can't afford it yet?"

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was within minutes of making a deposit for an EX-L when I got an e-mail from a family member informing me of this site. I put my "deposit" e-mail on hold and went to this site. After reading threads for some couple of hours I went back and erased my "deposit" e-mail with the thinking that I didn't NEED a new vehicle just yet, and I could afford to wait and see what further research would bring. Several issues on this site have educated me further and basically reinforced my resolve to purchase a Pilot. It's been a great experience and I appreciate everyone's willingness to speak their mind. In the meantime I've found out that Honda is adding "Midnight Blue" to their 2004 Color Chart :D (Whew!!! That was close!). I love "Midnight Blue" and the cleaning issue won't be any problem...I'm one of those "every weekend wash the car.." nuts; except, of course when I'm on vacation for the next six weeks (I'm retired). So, what I'm saying is I've asked my dealer to give me at "out the door" price for an 2004 EX-L Midnight Blue when available. I think I'm first on the waiting list. :29:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Will 2 greyhounds fit in back?

I am just about ready to make a pass at a couple of dealers.I have been debating about what would be the best "trip vehicle" while still being a decent "around town" car .It has to be able to carry 4 adult sized people,and 2 greyhounds on long summer trips.I tried a Highlander on for size.We did manage to squeeze the 2 dogs in back,and they did lie down,but it was very close quarters.The Pilot is about 45L 49w VS 39W 39w,so I think the dogs will be ok.
Any minivan would be a better people hauler,but I just can't buy a minivan.The Sequoia is big,but it is a gas guzzler,and not to handy in town.Any ideas?Thanks,charlie NEW Orleans

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
The only thing I'm really waiting on is for my wife to pick out a color. I hope she'll like Sagebrush Pearl, but it's going to be her car. I don't mind waiting to find out what I can about the '04 models. The Toyota Highlander is supposed to be getting a 3rd row option (according to a Toyota salesman) and she does like the smaller size and styling of the Highlander better so there's still a chance that we won't be getting the Pilot. :( But I think I've made a case that the Pilot is marginally better from a safety and environmental standpoint. I like the larger size of the Pilot and I just don't like Toyota's emphasis on marketing and advertizing. Let's see if we can fit all of that into one of the options on the poll!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts