Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to get a Honda vehicle this year, but unfortunately have been very disappointed by the choices of color offered for their interior seats, be it fabric or leather.

Most of their vehicles offer either grey, or beige or possibly ivory colors for interiors.
What's Honda's thinking relating to this? These colors (other than black) are so prone to staining and harder to maintain.

For example, they offer black leather in only a limited set of their Pilot 2021 trims and exterior colors, without too many mix and match choices.
I love grey, beige leather but I'd think it would be more prone to fading or getting dirty/stained/dusty, etc. so prefer darker tones.

On the other hand, there's very limited choice for Passport exterior colors (with black interior) - only dark brown speckled black, dark green speckled black, proper black, white combined with black interior, silver while the rest of the colors have no black option. It's all mostly dark on dark.

How does one buy an expensive vehicle with such limited choices, knowing that lighter interiors may be difficult to maintain over time?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I leased my 2016 modern steel metallic touring with grey interior sight unseen when it first came out (newborn arrived and needed a suv). Loved the color of the leather, but my dark blue jeans easily stained the drivers seat.

Before the lease was up, purchased a new 2019 but with a black interior after learning life lessons on light interiors with kids.

IMHO it’s not a Bentley interior, but it’s waaay bettter than most car manufacturers.

FWIW I Love my Pilot!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
I leased my 2016 modern steel metallic touring with grey interior sight unseen when it first came out (newborn arrived and needed a suv). Loved the color of the leather, but my dark blue jeans easily stained the drivers seat.
This is the same reason we always go with a dark interior. For us, it's more of picking the interior color first before picking the exterior. Other than the seats, I went with the BE because the pillars and ceiling are all blackened out compared to those of the Elite or Touring Black exterior. It keeps out some obvious marks from hockey stick accidentally striking the sides and ceiling, which my 2012 CR-V had a lot all-around.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
I don't know why. I prefer light leather just for my leg's sake during the summer. I love leather but the heat in the summer is my only complaint.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't know why. I prefer light leather just for my leg's sake during the summer. I love leather but the heat in the summer is my only complaint.
I guess that does factor in for some. My windshield (and rest of the Pilot including sunroof) is tinted with 3M crystalline and it dissipates the UV and a lot of heat. I can feel the heat if the windows are open on a hot day on the leather. So without that then yes the lighter leather would be better for hot climates, but as I stated earlier blue jeans are guaranteed to stain the chairs.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I’ve had parchment coloured perforated leather on a ‘05 TL and it was fantastic. I pretty much only wear blue jeans (Levi’s) and never had any issue with the seats being discoloured from the jeans. On my ‘18 Pilot got the Touring with SH-AWD and saphire steel metallic paint, and the only interior colour available was black, with perforated leather in the first two rows. I wanted a tan colour again, but no dice. Of course now Honda offers the light coloured interiors and people are complaining. Just can’t win. Love my Pilot though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts