Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I see more Hummer H2s (not exactly an everyday vehicle) on the road than I do Honda Pilots. Given that dealers are selling Pilots before they are even delivered to the dealership, what is going on?

MM (Owner of 10 day old silver EXL-NAVI)

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's a big country out there.

Evergreen

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It's the same down here, Morris. I've only seen one other Pilot... a SS LX. I'm surprised you don't see them in Atlanta burbs. Seems like other members have seen alot in the midwest and in the northeast. I find it odd too. Sorta lonesome. :(

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Because you are not in Chicago

Seeing them every day here.

The other side of the coin is the differences in market strategy between GM and Honda.
GM; Drive down cost by driving volume. Make money in the end when marginal cost is way down. Discount at the end to try to fix inventory problem.
Honda; Drive value up, Make money across the production run by controlling costs, and maintaining selling price through minimizing internal competition. Avoid discounting when posible, avoid over inventory by carefull forcast.

By the way.
This is just my guess.

·
Registered
206 Posts
2 a day...

...but they are always in the same parking lots. When I see one driving by, I know it's a new one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can't say I've seen "a lot" locally but more than I would expect. If you look at the relatively low production rate and spread it out over the country I wouldn't expect to see very many. I have seen a number of them here in St. Louis, mostly silver or black.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live in Canada and have not seen very many where I live. You see more MDXs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A Few a Week

When I was waiting 9 weeks for mine to arrive, I only saw one other Pilot. Now I see a couple a week. The other day I had to go the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for business reasons. Since it's not the racing season, there were no more than 25 cars parked in the IMS museum lot - including two other Pilots! I couldn't believe it - three in a lot of 25. I asked the person I was there to visit, and he had no clue what I was talking about, so I didn't get to meet any other Pilot owners that day.

As nice as this vehicle is, I'm sure they will be all over the country in a very short time - just like the Ody's you see everywhere now!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree fox we have a bunch already here in indy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Give it some time. The Pilot just hasn't been out all that long. When I got my 99 CRV, I didn't see all that many other CRV's on the road, and it had been in production for over two years. Now there everywhere.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Waiting lists? Time till delivery?

There are still waiting lists and L_O_N_G times from order till delivery, aren't there???

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I just got back from a 1700 mile (round trip) road trip where I saw one Hummer on the road, and not a single Pilot. However, I did see an ad on some Georgia TV station (Atlanta or Columbus) advertising Pilot EXs for around $30K... first time I've seen anyone who had to advertise them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts