Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering why the Canagian models come with Heated seats and not the US models? Cannot possibly be a law.....hummmmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
No, Not a law in Canada to have heated seats and mirrors.. Daytime running lights are law here, and some warning lights that you in the U.S. may not have.. I guess Honda figures we need them more up here do to our cold weather, but that does not make sense to me since the U.S. gets just as much cold weather.

We did not get the DVD or RES system in our Pilots
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Is the MSRP the same in Canada even with the heated seats?

Are the heated seats a dealer option in US?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no heated seats are not a dealer option in the US.

I know Canada is colder than the US but hey it does get pretty cold in most of the US. (thanks to the Canadian air !!! :rolleyes: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Heated seats are not a dealer option in the US and they are not even allowed to install aftermarket b/c they might interfear with the side airbag sensors. I believe this may vary by dealer, but the ones I have talked to will not do it. There are some threads on here that talk about getting them installed aftermarket, do a search on "heated seats"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
gopilot said:
No, Not a law in Canada to have heated seats and mirrors.. Daytime running lights are law here, and some warning lights that you in the U.S. may not have.. I guess Honda figures we need them more up here do to our cold weather, but that does not make sense to me since the U.S. gets just as much cold weather.
I found that very strange as well. The US models don't have heated mirrors either, even as an option.

We did not get the DVD or RES system in our Pilots
When we bought ours back in July, we were told that neither Navi nor DVD was available for the Pilot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did read somewhere that all Canadian roads are not mapped so Navi is not an option. If other autos offer Navi then this is Honda B.S.

Whay DVD is not available in Canada I do not know!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
ramirami said:
I did read somewhere that all Canadian roads are not mapped so Navi is not an option. If other autos offer Navi then this is Honda B.S.

Whay DVD is not available in Canada I do not know!!
For the 2004 Honda Pilot, the Canadian models will come equipped with a standard navigation system...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Well in Canada, summer is just 2 weeks of hard sleddin. Just makes sense to have heated seats. There is no heat here! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Hey, how hard did Nova Scotia get hit, with this east coast storm??

Any Pilot in the snow pics or stories from NS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
vellinga said:
Hey, how hard did Nova Scotia get hit, with this east coast storm??

Any Pilot in the snow pics or stories from NS?
I don't know if there is anyone from Newfoundland on this forum? But the town of Badger got hit hard yesterday when a river overflowed and turned the whole town to ICE! I am not kidding.. There were Houses and cars covered in solid ice. I have never seen or heard of that before.. And for you folks in New York, man thats a bad storm,

Here in Northern B.C., we can get that type of snow all the time, but when your not used to it, it can shut down a city very quickly..

rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
91Octane said:
Well in Canada, summer is just 2 weeks of hard sleddin. Just makes sense to have heated seats. There is no heat here! ;)
Wow, 2 weeks? People around here try to make the most of the afternoon ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
vellinga said:
Hey, how hard did Nova Scotia get hit, with this east coast storm??

Any Pilot in the snow pics or stories from NS?
Actually we were lucky. It stayed off shore further than expected. Halifax got 3 cm.

I went to Moncton last night for a meeting today in anticipation of this storm. Maybe that's why we didn't get hit.;)

We have had a beautiful winter here. Lot's of snow. Not dirty. Great if you have a sled. Not so good if you have an ATV.

Of course skiing goes without saying.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
91Octane said:


Actually we were lucky. It stayed off shore further than expected. Halifax got 3 cm.
<snip>
We have had a beautiful winter here. Lot's of snow.
Glad to hear it. My wife and I spent a weekend in Halifax, two years ago, just after the city had a 6" snowfall. Beautiful.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top