Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I would like thank all of you for all the information you've provided through this site. I wasn't too sure how I felt about the Pilot, but after reading through the many discussions, I can't wait to finally see an EX-L parked in my garage!:D

One thing though....why are the handles black?:( For some reason they bother me. If I could change one thing about the appearance, it would be that. Is there any way to color match the handles? I know I'm just being a girl and this in no way changes my mind about the Pilot.
Just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I actually like the black handles, I would also like LX side modling instead of painted ones of the EX. I saw an LX and it looked sharp in silver.

·
Registered
263 Posts
wait til next year

This is the kind of thing that Honda holds back and then introduces as new model year changes.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Black handles

I've kinda grown to like the black handles with the Taffeta White. I considered a stainless steel side step, but opted for the black Honda unit to keep the black and white look...

·
Registered
465 Posts
from another girl

I didn't like the black exterior pieces at first (NONE of the black pieces), but they grow on you. They kind of tie all the black interior pieces with the exterior. (I didn't like the black/brown/camel/silver dash area either, but now I think it is just too cool!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I'll learn to love them as well. I had been thinking that NBP would be the best color because the handles would blend in. I would prefer to get a lighter color though, like HB or TW. I've seen pics of the Havasu. What about the Taffeta? I would love to be convinced.
Although the Pilot looks great in NBP, I don't know how long I'd keep up the "new car weekly wash":p

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: from another girl

What other color handles would look good on a black Pilot?

That is part of the reason I got the black EX-L, it looked best with the matching exterior and uniform interior.

I have started to like the other colors with the black handles, since they match the mirror mounts, bumper trim, etc... Now I think they help dress up the non-black Pilots too.

Don't worry, when you get it home, you'll never want to part with it.

catbert said:
I didn't like the black exterior pieces at first (NONE of the black pieces), but they grow on you. They kind of tie all the black interior pieces with the exterior. (I didn't like the black/brown/camel/silver dash area either, but now I think it is just too cool!)

·
Registered
123 Posts
zotomomo said:
Maybe I'll learn to love them as well. I had been thinking that NBP would be the best color because the handles would blend in. I would prefer to get a lighter color though, like HB or TW. I've seen pics of the Havasu. What about the Taffeta? I would love to be convinced.
Although the Pilot looks great in NBP, I don't know how long I'd keep up the "new car weekly wash":p
I originally ordered mine in NBP for that same reason, but the more I stared at the Starlight Silver, the more I loved the contrast of the door handles, tinted windows, and all the other dark features, so I changed my order to SS. Just one of the luxuries of having to wait three months for a Pilot. ;)

Check the Gallery for pics of all different colored Pilots.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Plus, with the unpainted handles, you don't have to worry about them chipping and getting the scratches that rings and general use may leave.

I agree with ontheverge that the black trim and windows look sharp with the SS.

·
Registered
991 Posts
zotomomo said:
First of all, I would like thank all of you for all the information you've provided through this site. I wasn't too sure how I felt about the Pilot, but after reading through the many discussions, I can't wait to finally see an EX-L parked in my garage!:D

One thing though....why are the handles black?:( For some reason they bother me. If I could change one thing about the appearance, it would be that. Is there any way to color match the handles? I know I'm just being a girl and this in no way changes my mind about the Pilot.
Just thought I'd ask.
I brought this up awhile ago also. I guess i am one of the few who is going to paint them as soon as I get my Pilot... I don't mind black accessories, but the handles to me should be body color.. Let you know how they look later..

rob

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ontheverge said:

I originally ordered mine in NBP for that same reason, but the more I stared at the Starlight Silver, the more I loved the contrast of the door handles, tinted windows, and all the other dark features, so I changed my order to SS. Just one of the luxuries of having to wait three months for a Pilot. ;)

Check the Gallery for pics of all different colored Pilots.
I'd say you've got great taste.

I did get the Pilot in NBP, but my other SUV (Jeep GC Special Edition) looks awesome in Bright Silver with black handles, black trim, black mirror, etc...

Of course, I do like the Pilot better, but as you've probably guessed, I don't get to drive it full time :(

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks tim.s! I guess it leans more toward a sporty look as opposed to a luxury look. I'm sure I wouldn't be dissappointed if the door handles were body color, but I really do like the way the shades of silver, grey, and black contrast and compliment each other.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Wow... $675? They do look better, though. I like Honda's black handles, but chrome handles are just icky.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know I'm bringing a tread back from the dead but I was wondering if the chrome MDX handles would fit on the Pilot. I have the Starlight Silver and I think that it would look great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let's bring this thread back. I was wondering the same thing. If anyone can assist that would help alot. I want chrome handles also, so that I can match it with the chrome side steps and the chrome 22's I plan on adding in the near future.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The silver MDX looks gorgeous with the silver handles and chrome side steps. Is there a swap possibility, or are they different I wonder?

Then again, if you fully load up your Pilot with black accessories, it matches and looks pretty cool and less monochromatic.

I like both. :4:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Why black handles. Look at a Ford Explorer for the answer. Honda designed the vehicle for this market, so sometimes you follow the leader. Not saying it's what I want, but from looking at all the Explorers on the road, it's pretty obvious that Honda took some design cues from the "arguably" market leader, including the black handles and column shifter. I know a lot of us wish they'd copied the rear hatch, with the opening glass, too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Explorer

I have seen quite a few Explorers, and noticed their handles (interesting design) and all those that I've seen were body-colored. Maybe this varies with trim level?

Thanks,
EDR

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Explorer

EDR said:
I have seen quite a few Explorers, and noticed their handles (interesting design) and all those that I've seen were body-colored. Maybe this varies with trim level?

Thanks,
EDR
Every XLT I've seen, including all on the Ford website, had black handles.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts