Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed quite a few commercials for Honda Pilots and Acura MDX (magazine ads as well). I was thinking to myself, why are they spending money on advertising when they sell these two vehicles at or above MSRP. I don't think demand is slowing because I can't find a dealer that will sell either for below MSRP. I guess they get x amount of money for ads and they want to use it.

Just a thought

·
Registered
276 Posts
On the other hand, maybe Honda does need to advertise the Pilot. As mentioned on this board several times, people still drive by Pilots and say "what is that???". :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Why not?

Well,since Pilots and MDX are very new to market,not only in US.but the rest of the world too.Besides,the money they spend on advertising will be a tax write-off.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Pilot-1 said:
On the other hand, maybe Honda does need to advertise the Pilot. As mentioned on this board several times, people still drive by Pilots and say "what is that???". :)
"What's that?"

"Doesn't matter, 'cause you can't get one!" :p

Not exactly true any longer, though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My wife has been approached a few times with people just wanting to know what the truck was and how did she like it. Until we bought ours I had only seen one Pilot.
In fact I saw a vehicle with the Pilot emblem go by on a Friday night in November and we bought ours the next day.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've had people in parking lots and stopped in traffic ask me what is was. They have to sell a lot of them to meet the companies goals. At first they had TV spots and billboards everywhere now it's in all the magazines.
I think the demand is weakening though, I've seen a number of them sitting on lots I've driven by. I also see quite a few on the roads each day now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts