Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what people are parting with in exchange for the Pilot?!? Any sentimental value to those trade-ins??

I have to admit I'll miss my truck!! '94 Chevy CK1500 Stepside Shortbed-Stagecoach Package

I will have had it 7 years this coming November and it's been a GOOD truck. And all this time I've had it, I have had several compliments on it as well, especially the color (which I have no idea what it is-Autumnwood maybye-sorta mauve/brown color in the daytime and dark brownish at night!)

I'm excited about the Pilot though, don't get me wrong!! I have wanted an SUV for a long time and I am certainly glad I waited til now or I might have missed this wonderful looking ride we call the Pilot!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
'93 Vigor. Sad to see it go, but we've outgrown it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, wanted to trade in my 3.5 years old Ford Windstar. Honda dealer suggested that I should sell it privately b/c I'll be very upset when I hear their offering price. Went to Ford dealer where I bought it for $27k and they offered only $4k if I purchase a new Explorer. Hope I don't get this kind of depreciation with my Pilot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
'98 Volvo All-Wheel Drive wagon.

I'll be really sad to see it go because I enjoyed the monthly visits to the dealer and the nice light feeling in my wallet afterwards. NOT!

Good riddance to ya!

The only thing I'll miss about the Volvo over the Pilot is that it had a kick-ass stereo. The one in the Pilot is decent, but no match. Other than that, let's see, the Pilot is much roomier, gets virtually identical gas mileage (but uses cheaper gas), and (hopefully) I won't have to see the inside of my Honda dealer too often - maybe just to get some more goodies put on :4:

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
80 Posts
A '99 Volvo C70 coupe....high pressure turbo...silver with pale grey leather. 5spd. 236hp.

GOD it was fast! And rare enough that most people had no idea what it was. It also had such an amazing sound sytem... unfortunately the Pilot sounds like an old transistor radio in comparison.

I really liked the car alot, but I kept having problems with it that the inept dealership couldn't fix. Little problems, but enough to scare me about future reliablity issues.

Sadly enough, some similar problems with the Pilot! Doors that make too much noise. Seats that pop.

Sigh! LOL

But I love the Pilot and I really wanted something more versitile. My Volvo's backseats didn't lay down! Plus, I was always worried about the C70....never wanted to hit a pothole...park in a tight space...etc. I don't worry about the Pilot so much cuz it's a truck.

Miss the C70, but the new CLK and upcoming GTO totally ripped off the look (except for the front end)...so I couldn't have that!

I'll get another toy later...for now, the Pilot is what I need.

·
Registered
449 Posts
1996 Black V-6 Accord Sedan EX - the car we bought to bring our son home from the hospital in :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Twinkie said:
1996 Black V-6 Accord Sedan EX - the car we bought to bring our son home from the hospital in :(
Oooh that's sad! Guess you'll have to have another to take home in the Pilot :D

---
03 Pilots EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm gonna miss my stereo in my truck, too!! I'm lettin it go with the truck!! Alpine rocks, but it's old so it can go. Will have to try and hold back on upgrading the system in the Pilot!!

Boy that is gonna be tuff!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr 4WD Black with 87K miles.
Got $6000 for the trade-in - no hassle, good price.
Needed more seating capacity and better autobahn performance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We debated between trading in my 97' 4wd extended cab tacoma and my wife's 98 honda civic. I just broke 100k miles on my Tacoma but we absolutly love it (I feel that 100k miles is not even midlife yet for the Tacoma....never had a problem with it yet). We have had more memories in the Tacoma than any other car, plus we love driving it down in the Outer Banks of NC on the beach. Her civic was a car she bought in college that was a stripped down civic that has about 70k miles on it now. It had no cruise control or power windows but was a nice lil car. We decided to go ahead and trade her civic in because the truck had more uses as well. What is amazing though about my Tacoma and the civic, is they had insane resale value. I was definitly not expecting what they offered us for each.

·
Registered
180 Posts
On the way to pick up the Pilot yesterday, my family and I were talking about the Mercury Villager I was about to trade in. My father bought this vehicle in 1993 and my Mom took it over when he died in 1994. My Mom passed away in 1996 and we then took it over. They both died young (mid 60's) and this car always felt that a part of them was still with us.

The kids 10 and 8 don't really remember any other family car and were getting very sad that we were trading in Grandma and Grandpa's car. Occasionally I'll find a little something that my dad put in one of the storage pockets, (I found his old Pocket Knife stuffed in the glove compartment last week) and I was getting a little sad also. The Villager served my parents and us well all these years. We have 130,000 miles on it, but its starting to show its age. My wife was stranded several times due to mechanical failures(nothing major), but the reliability is going downhill.

I guess in a way, I'm glad David Michael only offered me $200 for it. If they were fair and reasonable, and offered me what other dealers had (over $2,000) I would have traded it in. I guess the bottom line is, we decided to keep it as a spare for awhile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
91 Toyota pick up 4 cyl 100k miles, had 3 people waiting in line to buy it. I miss the gas mileage but love my Pilot....

·
Registered
65 Posts
'95 Honda Odessey. Paid $19k for it, traded it at $7,500. Now that's what I like about Honda depreciation. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cleverstupidity~ I don't think your user name fits you! :D You should be more like "Shearbrilliance".

Good for you! Woohoo! :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
90 BMW E30 325is with M3 parts. Car is fun and believe it or not reliable 190K and burned a quart of oil every 5K. I have had it for the last 5 years. The large expense was replacing the AC pump which was expensive, but it is the same pump that Honda used for awhile.

Anyway someone at work really wanted it for 5500. Now that we have a little one it makes sense. Am I getting responsible???

So by by 325i hellllloooo Pilot

I still have our 95 530i touring that I will be driving once my wife takes the Pilot full time (-:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trade on The Pilot

We traded our 2000 Nissan Maxima SE (21,000 miles) for our Pilot. Dealer gave us a good deal on the trade in since they are a Nissan dealer. I actually got only $500 less ($17,995) than what I bought it for at Carmax in 2001. With a new baby and plans for one more child and transport for older relatives it was a logical choice

I bet Puccetti doesn't miss the expensive repair cost on his old E30 Bimmer. My 98 M3 and my previous M Roadster are expensive to repair and maintain but man BMW can build a car. Since my M3 is a sedan my son can still ride with Daddy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts