Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm not from there, but did spend two weeks vacationing in Alaska last summer.

It's awesome up there! Amazing! We'll go back again!:29:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alaska

I've been there twice on vacation, awsome beauty. I would love to test a Pilot there. But this Florida boy would wimp out on the cold real quick!!!:7:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Enivironment is great if you can outlast the dark winters. Recently, its been unusually warm with the "Iron Dog," Snowmachine race being cancelled and "Fur Rondy," sled dog races being postponed. In fact, it's raining outside and almost all of the snow is gone :confused:

My family has been in search of a Pilot at the local Anchorage Dealership and even had a chance to test drive one. Unfortunately, the salesman quoted MSRP+$2000. We just can't bring ourselves to pay that much over MSRP. Has anyone else have any better luck at Continental Honda? Would consider MSRP + Shipping from WA, but I am told they are hard to find there as well.

·
Registered
449 Posts
AKMAN said:
Would consider MSRP + Shipping from WA, but I am told they are hard to find there as well.
In September when we bought our Pilot, Western WA was a pretty tough market (MSRP+several K). I don't know what it is like now.

We would up dealing with Greg McKinley at Honda of Spokane and saved thousands. He deals in alot of "out of the area" transactions and is a straight shooter. He would probably tell you whether it was worth your time or not. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
re: continental honda

Greetings,

I am from AK and have enjoyed our new pilot here a lot. Of course, this has been a very mild winter. Anyway, I wanted to reply to AKMAN regarding the +2000 over msrp at Continental. I was able to get them to go down to msrp by getting them in a bidding war with the Fairbanks Honda dealership. I don't have their number right now but it worked pretty well for me. Ivo was my salesman and he was a bit of a pushover. It is the general manager that was harder to deal with. Any way mention my name (Jason Sandidge) and I think I get a mug or something for the referral. The Pilot has been great and it is so much more reasonable than any other options as far as price goes. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: re: continental honda

axjms said:
Greetings,

I am from AK and have enjoyed our new pilot here a lot. Of course, this has been a very mild winter. Anyway, I wanted to reply to AKMAN regarding the +2000 over msrp at Continental. I was able to get them to go down to msrp by getting them in a bidding war with the Fairbanks Honda dealership. I don't have their number right now but it worked pretty well for me. Ivo was my salesman and he was a bit of a pushover. It is the general manager that was harder to deal with. Any way mention my name (Jason Sandidge) and I think I get a mug or something for the referral. The Pilot has been great and it is so much more reasonable than any other options as far as price goes. Good luck!
Welcome to the board akman & axjms!!
Care to share your Pilot info? Would LOVE to see more Alaska locations in there!
When you get a chance...
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921
Safe Piloting to all!! :29:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks axjms & Twinkie---Great information!

axjms: did it take quite a bit of time going back and forth between the dealerships? I am definitely willing to put in the effort but curious to see how is the best way to approach Continental.

Many thanks to all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
dealing with continental

AKMAN: It really didn't take too much time at all. I simply called the fairbanks dealership asked what they had available and told them I was looking at buying a pilot in the next week (this was during the 3.49% interest end of the year deal) I just told them I would buy from the place that would give me the best deal. The thing was fairbanks gave me a price quote but they didn't have a pilot for me so I was stuck with continental if I wanted the good financing. I gambled though and told them what fairbanks would give me (msrp) and said "I would rather not drive to Fairbanks but I will to save $2000". Luckily they took the bait and I was able to get the good financing at an ok price.

It seems like you could make it happen if you were patient. I also tryed autobytel but that didn't really work out for me.

hope that helps,

jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
oops forgot my other replies.

Sage: I will post as soon as I get my VINN written down. Thanks for the welcome!

theman: It is really beautiful there but a little tight. The town is perched right on the coast and there are huge mountains directly behind the town. The snowboarding there is world class though, they get TONS of snow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts