Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 2019 Passport owner and I'm pretty sure that Passports and Pilots share the same Power Mirrors (with a button to open/close them) and Infotainment system. Now, I'm not sure if the software is 100% the same, but at any rate its got to be very close.

I believe it would be a very simple enhancement for Honda to create an Option in the Set-Up menu, that when selected would fold the mirrors when the doors are locked. Lots of vehicles have this already, including my wifes' 2014 RX350.

The best use of this feature is that you can look at your vehicle from far away and be assured that it is locked - even when you have the auto-lock feature enabled.

If enough people were on-board with this, we could all contact Honda Corp and perhaps they would do it in a future software upgrade. If enough people respond, I'll try to figure out how to further this (unless anyone already knows).

Since there are WAY more Pilots sold than Passports, we could use all the help we could get on this matter.

Thanks and stay safe...

·
Registered
846 Posts
I believe the only Pilots with folding mirrors are the Elite and maybe the Black Edition ones. The other trim levels don't have them so any software upgrade would be limited to a small percentage of Pilots.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
4 Posts
Yep, have folding mirrors on my Black ed., but it is a manual operation controlled by a separate switch. Converting to logic-controlled operation may be a big and expensive deal.

·
Registered
301 Posts
As you might already Know that feature is reserved and available for Honda's bigger more expensive brother Acura, beside the software, it uses soft button like the Elite heated seat button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you might already Know that feature is reserved and available for Honda's bigger more expensive brother Acura, beside the software, it uses soft button like the Elite heated seat button.
That makes sense, Honda needs to be careful not to make the Passport as good as an MDX, of they could lose money (lol)..!

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Don't give them any ideas. Just something else to fix if it breaks.

Reactions: toolazy4alogin

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I give you credit for your idea however I remind you that back in 2017 there was a huge push for Honda to retrofit 2016‘s with CarPlay and android auto. I believe all the hardware besides a microphone (that was shown to be unnecessary) was already installed and all it would’ve taken is a software update. Honda said nope. So please for your sake don’t get your hopes up.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,237 Posts
Honda's options and upgrades policy is similar to Henry Ford's, who famously said, "You can have any color so long as it's black."

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Elite
4 Posts
I would! I just pulled up my manual online to see if I could change any settings for the power-fold mirrors. I would like them to automatically fold in when I shift to park...but it seems like that's not an option unless I upgrade to an Acura after reading these responses!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
Personally I prefer the method now. When pulling into a tight space, or the garage I want them to fold before I pull in, not after I get there and to go out after I clear the door frame or tight spot, not when I start the vehicle.

Besides the button is conveniently located. Plus if you retract the mirrors, turn of the vehicle and then push the mirror button on the way out of the car the mirrors will extend when you start the vehicle. You can do the same thing for the reverse when you are parking. Push the button as you pull in and they will be retracted by the time you turn the vehicle off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Geez, I had folding mirrors ( button ) on my 2002 Isuzu Trooper. Keep wondering why more vehicles don't have them. My 2011Touring doesn't.

·
Registered
250 Posts
no way honda would retrofit older models to have it. they want you to trade in for the latest models. Also as mentioned above, they wouldnt even do it for apple carplay, which in theory is way simpler to "upgrade".

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
no way honda would retrofit older models to have it. they want you to trade in for the latest models. Also as mentioned above, they wouldnt even do it for apple carplay, which in theory is way simpler to "upgrade".
I agree with this, it's most likely part of a business plan. And I guess Honda have some people hooked up when they add this feature on the next generation. They want you to trade your old one and buy new ones..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts