Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes the stock DVD player for the Pilot? Reason I ask is there is a GREAT resource on www.vcdhelp.com which lists companies, DVD models and their compatibility with DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+-RW, XVCD, etc. I'm just trying to determine which DVD+-R(W) to buy so I can play the recorded movies in the Pilot (if possible). I know the RES doesn't do CD-R so it's not very encouraging.

Thanks for any info.

- Ben

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kalekainxx said:
Alpine makes it.
Any idea on the OEM model? I called Honda to ask about DVD+-R compatibility and was met with a definite "huh?". If you know the OEM information, perhaps Alpine could tell us.

Thanks for you time by the way :) Much appreciated.

- Ben

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Res Compatability

ShorePilot said:
DVD-R and VCD's play fine.

Check this thread for more info...

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=151
I must revise my "it plays VCD's comment" as the weather has gotten colder VCD's are not working or working intermittantly (see link above). It would help if we had a model number to get a definite answer on computability from Alpine, since I'm not sure if I have a problem with the unit or is it just not supposed to play VDC's. (DVD-R's still play fine BTW)

As for your question on which way to go - DVD-R of +R have you seen the new Sony recorder that does both -R and +R, sounds like the perfect answer until a standard is established and costs about the same as one format recorders ($300-$400).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts