Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing just plopped out of nowhere onto the second row floor as I was vaccuuming behind the driver side seat. At first I thought it may have popped out of the vacuum extension I was using, but soon found that wasn't it at all. I looked and looked under the driver side seat and in that vicinity to see where this may have come from, but I haven't a clue.

Does this look familar to any of you guys at all? I keep on forgetting to show it to a service advisor everytime I go to the dealer for service.

·
Registered
608 Posts
:eek: what a coinidence

i found that while vacuuming by the 2nd row too.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Wow - that pic's been posted on the X site a couple of times (except in tan). I don't think we ever figured it out. Can't find the threads because I can't think of a keyword to search!

But I'll start the guessing:

- Cover/endcap for one of the 2nd row seatrails?

Can you give us an idea of SCALE? How big's the thing? Plastic, right?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ha ... ever since my 4th of July road trip I found something similar in my car as well. Though the piece does not look exactly like yours, it does look very similar in function. Perhaps my piece is the other side or opposite side equivalent of yours? I have not had a chance to really look yet, but my initial thought is that this is some kind bump stop or end cap for something, probably goes underneath the seat somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheWorm: I'd say the bar of the "T" would be about an inch and the post would be about 3/4"?
iivtecracerii, RUFIO: Well, at least I know for certain that it didn't come from my vacuum extension. If you guys find out at all, please let me know. Next time I'm over at my dealer, I'll be sure to ask, if I remember.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And we have a winner!! supo, looks like the link you provided has the answer. Now, if only I'll be able to find the proper place to go. I'm so dense that I'll bet I won't find it. In any event, at least we know what it is. Thanks, supo!

·
Registered
115 Posts
RipRocK said:
This thing just plopped out of nowhere onto the second row floor as I was vaccuuming behind the driver side seat. At first I thought it may have popped out of the vacuum extension I was using, but soon found that wasn't it at all. I looked and looked under the driver side seat and in that vicinity to see where this may have come from, but I haven't a clue.

Does this look familar to any of you guys at all? I keep on forgetting to show it to a service advisor everytime I go to the dealer for service.

There were other posts about this part. It comes from the rear end of the front seat tracks. Easy to knock off. Doesn't seem to be harmful to have it off.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RipRocK & others: Here is another thread (with a picture from colousa) that has that same mystery piece and PilotCrazy's answer which echoes Loutog's post... :4: :17:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts