Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just looked at a pic of the new Ridgeline, and the headlights are a new shape. It's kinda weird how they didn't put the full LED lights that the Pilot and Passport has on upper trims if they were going through the trouble of making a whole new headlight housing. Looks like the grille swap isn't going to happen unfortunately because of the headlights and the new hood/fenders.

Now looking at them side by side, the newer one looks so much better than the older one. The old one looks good, but I really am starting to like the new one.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
IMO the squared off grille of the 2021 Ridgeline reminds me of the original Ridgeline which had a square block face. The 2021 wheel flares provide the squared off look to the fenders. The current Ridgeline looks more slick, sporty and Accord-like.

·
Registered
252 Posts
im surprised Honda didnt make this front end the MMC for the pilot, and make it the passport front.

·
Registered
813 Posts
im surprised Honda didnt make this front end the MMC for the pilot, and make it the passport front.
They'll probably make the Pilot less rugged looking in the next generation now that they have an aggressive Ridgeline and the "off-road worthy" Passport.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the intent to have a grill on which you could cook - or did you instead mean grille?
I grew up in England and grille was how we spelt it but I thought Americans spelt it grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,331 Posts
I grew up in England and grille was how we spelt it but I thought Americans spelt it grill

I have the same heritage abd spelling problem...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Grill:

Grille:

Yep. Exactly how I learnt it in England. Could have sworn Americans spelt the latter as grill but I was wrong ::Kanye shrug::

Btw, I have noticed that grey is recently becoming more prevalent in American usage than gray. Fascinating.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
“The goal of American English speakers appears to be to rob the mother tongue of direct meaning and replace it with needlessly-complex jargon.”
― Stewart Stafford

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
“The goal of American English speakers appears to be to rob the mother tongue of direct meaning and replace it with needlessly-complex jargon.”
― Stewart Stafford
I’m staying out of this

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
Yep. Exactly how I learnt it in England. Could have sworn Americans spelt the latter as grill but I was wrong ::Kanye shrug::

Btw, I have noticed that grey is recently becoming more prevalent in American usage than gray. Fascinating.

You have to remember, American make stuff up as they go along. Burger King does not flame grill their burgers, rather they flame broil them.

Where as in England this is how one would grill a hamburger.

In England they fill their autos with petrol and when they have flatulence they pass gas, In America we fill our cars with gas and call it the same thing that they pass after eating spicy food.

Most American no longer use the Oxford comma to save time.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
While Americans have generally developed a superior dialect I am a firm believer in the Oxford comma. Some companies have "writing" or "style" guides and my last company actually had that their employees SHOULD NOT use the Oxford comma. Sorry, I still did.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts