Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to all the white pilot owners.
Take a VERY close look at your paint and see if you can see some tiny spots (brownish and black) under the clear coat. (mind you this was seen on a freshly washed pilot)

Now is it me or is it the paint. what I mean is we have never owned a white car so is it just easier to see paint imperfections?
Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
13 Posts
No spots on my white Pilot. After seeing the reference on line, I inspected it closely before accepting delivery.

·
Registered
310 Posts
dntsne1,

I thought I might have had a similar problem on my White Pilot awhile back. However, I was able to rub the very small spots off with my fingertip. So my spots are not under the paint. Hopefully yourse are not really under the paint either.

Mine are only on top of my Pilot, not on the sides, and are very, very small. I noticed them after having my pilot for 1 week.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If you are able to get a few of the spots out like Howdy Ag, I would probably recommend you clay the vehicle. It's a pretty easy process and will get most, if not all, of the surface contaminants out of the paint. Did you happen to notice if the paint is clear where the shipping plastic was? If it's clear in those spots (i.e. middle of the roof is a good one to check), then it's a good chance that this happened during shipping.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts