Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Honda Pilot, currently has 224000 miles on it. Most of the times I take a turn, a whining sound comes from the engine if I’m not mistaken. I’ve gotten the Power Steering Pump replaced almost 4 times in the month of August and it hasn’t changed anything, it still makes the sound. The Power Steering Pumps we have tried were after markets.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
If you're sure it's coming from the power steering, have you also replaced the infamous o-ring?

Otherwise, "whining" or some such noise could be wheel bearings or maybe the alternator on its way out, eespecially if the whining matches RPMs. Post a video where you can hear it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The PSF reservoir has a screen filter in it that will catch deteriorated power steering hose material. If the screen becomes blocked there is no bypass to allow the PSF to still freely flow so, the clogged screen will restrict PSF flow and starve the PSF pump of fluid and cause PSF pump noises.

At ~$25 and a bottle of new PSF to refill, it's worth a shot to eliminate one possiblity of the cause (or hopefully, resolve the problem).

·
Registered
158 Posts
The PSF reservoir has a screen filter in it that will catch deteriorated power steering hose material. If the screen becomes blocked there is no bypass to allow the PSF to still freely flow so, the clogged screen will restrict PSF flow and starve the PSF pump of fluid and cause PSF pump noises.

At ~$25 and a bottle of new PSF to refill, it's worth a shot to eliminate one possiblity of the cause (or hopefully, resolve the problem).
"At ~$25" - for a new reservoir

1 - 4 of 4 Posts