Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2017 Pilot EX AWD with a hair under 30k miles on the original tires. I've noticed a noise around 40-45mph upon accelerating that is a faint whining noise, almost like gear whine. Has anyone else noticed this? The tires are due for replacement but it is a speed dependent noise so I'm not entirely sure they're the culprit. The car is in great condition and regularly serviced, I don't seem to recall hearing this noise since new. Just seeing if I'm not the only one and if this is common or not. For what it's worth it's covered under the powertrain warranty until next April so I may have the dealer look at it next time It's in for service. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2017 Pilot EX AWD with a hair under 30k miles on the original tires. I've noticed a noise around 40-45mph upon accelerating that is a faint whining noise, almost like gear whine. Has anyone else noticed this? The tires are due for replacement but it is a speed dependent noise so I'm not entirely sure they're the culprit. The car is in great condition and regularly serviced, I don't seem to recall hearing this noise since new. Just seeing if I'm not the only one and if this is common or not. For what it's worth it's covered under the powertrain warranty until next April so I may have the dealer look at it next time It's in for service. Thanks for any input!
I have an identical model with less than 14,000 miles and I am experiencing the same issue. Three of the tires are original and one that matched the original was a replacement for a tire that was damaged by a winter pothole and was unrepairable. Other than the tires, I could have signed my name to your post and it would have been an accurate description of the issue. The dealer has done an inspection and performed differential service and downloaded and installed new transmission software. The issue remains. I have recorded the noise on an iPhone and I will have the service department listen to it and see if it provides any insight to diagnose and eliminate the noise.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,532 Posts
Whining noise around 40-45 mph

Tell her we'll get there when we get there! :D

But seriously, does the whining match speed or match RPMs? If the latter, at least try to rule out the alternator, even after so few miles. It's a thing with 1st gens, anyway.

Alternator issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts