Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings. 2007 Honda Pilot EX (120k miles) is making whining sound that appears to be coming from passenger side of engine compartment (side of my serpentine belt)It doesn’t seem to coming from alternator and my power steering resovior okay with no leaks. Regularly maintained and OEM fluids throughout.
Second thing, was at stop in park, put in drive and car in drive but did not want to move forward. It eventually did. My battery light turned on way home. Once home I turned it off and waited. It would not turn over. Attempted 1/2 hour later and it turned over. I turned it off and waited a 30 seconds and when I tried to turn it over my dash console flickered and flashed with a clicking sound. Holy hell...any ideas? I thought alternator at first but not sure. Really appreciate assistance from you veterans. Thank you!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Alternator.

Go to your local auto parts store, they can do a charging system test for you. I have yet to find a store that charges for it.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
You need stethoscope to locate sound.
alternator, AC compressor, tensioners, idler pullies have bearings, which can start making noise around 100k miles.
It is a good idea to remove timing belt top cover (2 bolts) and check belt condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts