Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2020 Pilot Elite.

I'm thinking of ordering the steel wheels from the previous generation Odyssey. p/n 42700-TK8-A01

I'm assuming I need to order the new sensors for the 3rd gen Pilot and they'll fit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like aluminum and steel wheels use different stems and maybe the lug nuts differ too. This is getting complicated. :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
I do recall spending plenty of time searching for the correct TPMS to use with my 2007 Pilot, but I think I ultimately just found a listing that seemed reputable and stated that it would work with the car. I either bought those or took the part number from that listing.

Unless someone else chimes in with the knowledge, perhaps you can report back sharing what you learn. That’s what I did with my 2007 Pilot.

I was very worried about the shape of the wheels, and discovered that the Acura wheels I was using came with different part numbers depending on whether TPMS was on the wheel. Although the wheels I used weren’t the TPMS version, it wasn’t a problem in my case. I don’t think I have a ton of posts on this site, so it might be easy to find all the info I tried to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
OK. So for the wiring, I’ve now got brushed clean contacts on the 3 wire terminal block, and I’ve extracted the alternator-to-voltage-regulator wiring harness that was melting and also had exposed wiring that might have been shorting out. There’s only two more known suspect wiring points now:
1) cut wire down by the starter
2) something still connected to the back of the alternator, and I want the alternator basically totally out of the loop with that fried wire. Who know so if a bad alternator is what caused that.

I’m still getting slow cranking (even with no spark plugs). So there’s a good chance the starter is just bad, but it’s clear that there is/was a host of issues that should be addressed before I start bolting parts onto this dumpster fire of a car. I’m glad I’m doing it this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts