Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just borrowed a loaner 2020 CRV from the Honda Dealer, while my 2016 was in getting some routine maintenance done on it.

The Auto Idle Stop feature sucks, I am not a fan. Which other models have this? Did it begin with a certain year?

Do the Acura's have this?

Thank you

Registered
Just push the button. 馃榿

Reactions: Highspeedbail

Registered
Wife's 2020 EX-L doesn't have it. The 2020 Touring she test drove had it and that is partly what prompted her to go with the EX-L.

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.

Registered
Its really easy to fix.
But agreed, all Auto Idle Stop would succeed in stopping is me from buying that vehicle.
That wouldn't stop me from buying it if I liked everything else.
I'd just move one little wire.

Reactions: plplplpl

Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
Hello

Just borrowed a loaner 2020 CRV from the Honda Dealer, while my 2016 was in getting some routine maintenance done on it.

The Auto Idle Stop feature sucks, I am not a fan. Which other models have this? Did it begin with a certain year?

Do the Acura's have this?

Thank you
Use the search feature, there's a way to permanently disable it by adjusting the wiring harness plugs.

Of course you couldn't do it to a rental but if you bought one and wanted it off.

Also if you don't smash the brake to the floor it usually won't activate and "turn off".

I've mastered it in my Pilot and rarely does it actually turn off when I'm at a stop light.

Good luck.

Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Use the search feature, there's a way to permanently disable it by adjusting the wiring harness plugs.

Of course you couldn't do it to a rental but if you bought one and wanted it off.

Also if you don't smash the brake to the floor it usually won't activate and "turn off".

I've mastered it in my Pilot and rarely does it actually turn off when I'm at a stop light.
Good luck.
Silly question. You have a button shifter that you have to use every time you want to move the vehicle. Why not just hit the Auto Idle Stop disengage button whe you start the vehicle? The system will then be off until you shut off the engine or you hit the button again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts